One from yesterday

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
A high school senior... reluctant at first, but warmed up soon enough. I'd be grateful for any critique. Thanks!

Pete

CRW_7432alt.jpg

We haven't seen anything from you in a while. Nice to see, it inspires me.

What was the lighting set up here? (I'm trying to teach myself lighting) It looks like the main light is quite high and to camera left & pointed down onto her. Is there another light somewhere near the camera axis?

As for this shot, I like it. I love the pose and the lighting. Great natural expression as well. One thing that I'm not sure about is her foot. Being so much closer to the camera than her face...her foot look quite big. Even her shoes look big. Someone with a foot fetish would really love this...but it just makes me think she has big feet...which she may or may not have...and may or may not want to show off. Know what I mean?

I like this photo alot.

I would suggest either keep her shoes on or not have them in the photo at all.

Other then that its a really great photo!

Funny, I liked the shoe-aspect in this one quite much ;).
Matter of tastes, I think ..
And the POV is interesting!
Lighting, too, of course.
But then I am waaaaayyyy too unfamiliar with studio portraiture to really say much about it here. Sorry.

i agree with lafoto, the shoes should be there

Thanks to all for your thoughts. She came out of the dressing room carrying the shoes, so we just left them off.

Big Mike said:
What was the lighting set up here? (I'm trying to teach myself lighting) It looks like the main light is quite high and to camera left & pointed down onto her. Is there another light somewhere near the camera axis?

Very good, Mike! The main is a sofbox, right where you described. The second light was an umbrella fill. Look at the long shadow along her leg. You can see the second, darker shadow where these two shadows overlap. There's also a hairlight to the left and back... with a small snoot. I think I just turned the background light away for this pose.

Thanks again! This is helpful.

Pete

Very nice christie. She does seem very comfortable in this photo. By the way, mind explaining what type of background you have there.

I really like this picture. She looks so cute. My only critique is that for some reason it doesn't really seem like she's a senior. The pose and outfit and everything makes her seem very young. But, I'm all for deviating from the normal (sometimes boring!) standard senior pictures...

AprilRamone said:
...for some reason it doesn't really seem like she's a senior. The pose and outfit and everything makes her seem very young.

Dosen't it! And... she's a rather small person too, which might add to the illusion.

Thanks!
Pete

:hail: Wow, thats awesome!

Most reactions

Back