Protective Filter for Canon Compact?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the market for a new digital compact camera, and am leaning strongly towards the Canon Gx5 Mark ii.

Is a skylight (clear glass) filter recommended and even available for such cameras? Given the high price point, I'd be very reluctant to leave the lens unprotected, even if it is retractable. I've done some online research, and it seems filters for smaller compact digital cameras are extremely hard to come by.

Can any owners of this camera (or similar Canon digital compact) weigh in? Do you use a filter to protect the lens? Is it necessary for point-and-shoot digital cameras?

Thanks for your time.

Hello and welcome, I have never used a filter of any kind just to protect the lens, it has never made sense to me to put cheaper glass in front of a camera lens.

Hello and welcome, I have never used a filter of any kind just to protect the lens, it has never made sense to me to put cheaper glass in front of a camera lens.
Hi Jeff, thanks for the welcome, and thanks for your advice, too, much appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back