What's new

Protective Filter for Canon Compact?

Joined
Nov 15, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the market for a new digital compact camera, and am leaning strongly towards the Canon Gx5 Mark ii.

Is a skylight (clear glass) filter recommended and even available for such cameras? Given the high price point, I'd be very reluctant to leave the lens unprotected, even if it is retractable. I've done some online research, and it seems filters for smaller compact digital cameras are extremely hard to come by.

Can any owners of this camera (or similar Canon digital compact) weigh in? Do you use a filter to protect the lens? Is it necessary for point-and-shoot digital cameras?

Thanks for your time.
 
Hello and welcome, I have never used a filter of any kind just to protect the lens, it has never made sense to me to put cheaper glass in front of a camera lens.
 
Hello and welcome, I have never used a filter of any kind just to protect the lens, it has never made sense to me to put cheaper glass in front of a camera lens.
Hi Jeff, thanks for the welcome, and thanks for your advice, too, much appreciated.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom