one more attempt...

Foques

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.foquesphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was driving past a corvette show, and stopped by there..

emblem.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

CC?

Some good ideas here, C&C per req:
1. The classic shot, unfortunately, this one doesn't quite work. The DoF is just too shallow, and the flags are cut off, which wouldn't be bad, but in this case, it should be symetrical. I do however like the beads of water. NICE touch!
2. A nice composition idea, however way too much DoF here; the house and trees in the background don't really add anything. As well the deep shadows below each car are somewhat distracting. An ideal position for this one would have been to set yourself up (if you could) so that both foreground cars pointed to the background one equally.
3. Not a big fan of unusual angles. Again, too much DoF and note the rather distracting reflections in the paint.
4. A great composition, see previous comments on DoF.
Overall, some very nice car shots, which are a difficult area of photography.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

awesome! thank you! exactly what i was looking for.

Definitely agree o the DoF.. I just can't seem to figure out how to change it.. :(

awesome! thank you! exactly what i was looking for.

Definitely agree o the DoF.. I just can't seem to figure out how to change it.. :(

On most SLRs, switch the dial to "Av" mode (aperture priority), then use the wheel near the shutter button to adjust the aperture. Apologies if I'm being too basic here.. but you'll see a number change as you turn the wheel, this is the f-stop which corresponds with the lens aperture. The smaller the f-stop number, the larger the aperture, and the smaller the DOF. So f/4 = big aperture = shallow DOF, which would've been great on those last three shots to limit the eye from straying into the irrelevant background. f/22 = small aperture = huge DOF.

Hope that helps..again, sorry if I over-explained it. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back