One of my first attemtps... Thoughts?

They're cute. But certain things, your butt got cut off. You should crop it with more room in it. 2nd pic is my favorite out of the the 3.

They're slightly over exposed. Lower your f-stop and maybe a little faster shutter speed.

I'm still very new to the world of DSLR.... I'd like some feedback on a few of my photos. I'd love to receive any advice or suggestions that anyone might have!

My 2 cents. Not bad at all...

I just chose the first one... In Gimp I played with the levels a bit just to see what would happen... I came up with this...

876404587_QCzvj-X2.jpg

Now of course its best to get best possible image right out of the camera... But I think this is a good example of what 2 minutes (or less) in a post processing software can do...

Last edited:
love the second edit you did Bus Rider

overall i think this is a great first attempt with a dslr! one thing i would suggest is that you should try shooting later or earlier in the day when the sun is low in the sky.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

MohaimenK-I didn't notice that until you pointed it out, but I definitely see it now. You're completely right. I'll pay more attention in the future.

Bus Rider-I really like what you did. I'm trying to learn how to fool with Gimp... any websites or tutorials you might suggest?

Petrai-I try.. I'm just drawn to the horizontal for some reason...

Minister-I did notice the charcoal on the wall... I thought it added some texture to the picture.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I'm trying to learn how to fool with Gimp... any websites or tutorials you might suggest?

There are litterally hundreds of online tutorials to help people learn photo editing with Gimp, Photoshop and the other big PP software tittles that are out there...

IMO the best way to learn them is to "play" with them until you find what you like. But thats just me...

I quite like the Gimp tutorial site... But there are MANY solutions...

Nice pictures, but the black ooze on the walls ruins 1 and 3.

Well I feel dumb... lol I intentionally placed her in front of the black ooze... I though it would make it a little more creative... oops! Note to self--no more black ooze. :blushing::confused:

Maybe its just me... but I feel that "art" is not necessarily the same in everyone's eyes...

Its your art... and if that is what you planned then it is NOT wrong... I like the photo the way it is... Even though I commented on what I saw as alternatives... I still feel that the original work stands on its own. :) If it was your intent that is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back