One of my first attemtps... Thoughts?

Art is subjective... absolutely, but there are some typical guidelines to images. One such guideline is to avoid things in images that distract the viewer from the subject. The ooze may add something to the wall, but being so close to the face (which is what I am assuming the subject is) tends to draw the viewer's focus away from the face.

Also, I do like the images... I did a quick edit to one of them for the fun of it.

before,
876402225_zTKoq-XL.jpg

after,
corinthiancharm.jpg

Why did you pick that place on the wall? The stuff on it is distracting as all get out! lol

Pretty girl, and good start, a bit overexposed, but still workable.

I didn;t like all the space to the left, so I cropped it to a tight headshot. I wish it would have been a vertical composition to begin with, because her chin comes very close to the bottom of the frame...there's just not enough space below her chin for a good balanced look at her face. here's a two-minute quickie edit,with the shot interpreted with a more ethereal look. This frame is still too-square, and might look better cropped even more tightly on the left side, to give a taller aspect ratio to the frame area.

127231853.jpg

I applied a Gaussian Blur of 75 pixels wide on a duplicate layer, then clicked the Screen command, and adjusted the Curves, to bring back some sharpness,while still leaving the image soft-ish. I then merged the layers, adjusted the curves a bit more, and cloned out a couple blemishes, then saved for the web while applying an sRGB profile. I could have done some color adjustment, but did not...there's still bit too much yellow in the fleshtones.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back