One of our kittens :)

MrsMoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
she's so cute, barely sits still for the camera, and is way more interested in the camera strap haha

DSC_0099.jpg

Aw, it reminds me of my kitty when it was little. Yours has longer hair though (like my black/white cat). Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures.

05-27-06_1546.jpg

05-27-06_1542.jpg

Aww she's so sweet! Your's too Josh.

I've been trying, with no luck, to get a good photo of one of my cats. The problem is not getting "Little One" to sit still, but capturing the beautiful color of her eyes. They're green, but with an aqua blue around the pupil and no matter how hard I've tried I just can't get them to look right in a photo; they just come out green.

What a sweet pic! She has such beautiful markings. Thanks for sharing the pic

thanks guys :)
the other kitten is white with ginger and black patches, but she wont sit still long enough for me to get a decent photo lol
got a phone one tho :) they both seem to like switching the laptop off!

DSC00035.jpg

Kitteh! I miss my cat. :(

Aww she's so sweet! Your's too Josh.

I've been trying, with no luck, to get a good photo of one of my cats. The problem is not getting "Little One" to sit still, but capturing the beautiful color of her eyes. They're green, but with an aqua blue around the pupil and no matter how hard I've tried I just can't get them to look right in a photo; they just come out green.

That might have something to do with the sensor's design. Camera sensors generally have twice as many green photosites as red or blue ones, because our eyes are far more sensitive to green light (blame it on evolution). The camera (and your software) might be just mis-calculating how to interpret the results and thus presenting you with an image of purely green eyes (perhaps the reasoning goes something like "wait, that's weird, most of the pixels here are green, and there's a whole lot more green light coming in anyway...better call these pixels green too"...in layman's terms).

Now this is just me pondering idly; perhaps you could work around this in post, with Photoshop. Take out some of the lightness of the greens where the aqua is supposed to be. Hopefully, you can then recover the right colours.

Also, if you're using any sort of flash, that might also be reflecting more light of cells in the iris that are deeper, which might not be coloured aqua and are instead also green. Not that I know that to be truth; just a hypothesis.

Aw, it reminds me of my kitty when it was little. Yours has longer hair though (like my black/white cat). Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures.

05-27-06_1546.jpg

05-27-06_1542.jpg

np :) I'm convinced our cats were crossed with a persian cat lol
your cat is well cute ^^ I love the markings on its face!

^ thanks :)
we often wonder where they got them!

05-27-06_1546.jpg

05-27-06_1542.jpg

np :) I'm convinced our cats were crossed with a persian cat lol
your cat is well cute ^^ I love the markings on its face!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back