One of the more interesting bars I've visited!

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
Erm yeah, this bar was interesting. Very dark. Very dark indeed.

It was in Munich and it was very friendly. No, not like that, but it was genuinely one of the most welcoming and interesting places I've shot in. I've got more but they're not suitable for TPF.

spike.jpg

Cheers mate I appreciate the feedback!

For those who care about the details, that was shot on TMAX 3200 ramped right up to 6400 using a Nikkor f1.2 50mm lens wide openish (under f4) with no flash. It was... erm... dark.

Awesome shots! Especially #3, which is awesomer than awesome!
And I like it how you succeeded to get great shots with a weak lighting. the pros are among us... :D

Great tones and character to these photos! Nicely done :thumbsup:

so, erm, what was going on in your "friendly" bar that you can't post??? And is that guy wearing a leather vest? Oh, it's one of THOSE bars...

I love the expression on the barkeep's face in the second shot ... classic grin!

Is that a wheel behind him? What's it go to?

Biker bar? Bound to be with all the small license plates and tires ...

Nice shots!

Nice shots...but I'm not sticking around for "Chaps Night"

ha ha, you should have never said anything about the ones that you arent posting here. Its going to bother me all day!!!! :)

Thanks guys. Yeah, I wasn't there for Chaps Night - funny how the Germans choose not to translate some things. It was a leather and rubber fetish bar (predomimantly gay) and was actually an interesting place to hang around and chat. No we didn't obey the dress code :) Damn always forgetting my chaps on holiday!

The ones I'm not posting are erm... more explicit. About ten people told me that the pictures I were taking wouldn't come out as I wasn't using flash. That's actually what the last one was laughing about - I said that since they wouldn't come out, he wouldn't mind posing for me. I went in and showed them the prints the next evening. Lol.

Rob

Most reactions

Back