One of those mornings!

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I fumbled with the alarm clock this morning trying to shut it up. I look up at it and it reads 8:00am! I jump out of bed, yell for my 6 yr old to get his butt up and get dressed. I throw on some clothes, wake my two little ones up, toss them into their carseats in the van, load Brett up after he is dressed w/ raincoat on and all. Drive Brett to school, because his bus comes at 7:45 and 8am is way past missing the bus...We pull into the school and only a few teacher's cars are there, I look down at my clock wondering what is going on and my clock reads !!!7:10am!!!!! LMAO!!!! Sooo, on our slow drive back home, we stop off at McDonalds, pick up breakfast, have some hot pancakes while waiting for the bus to come...I think next time I will look at the rest of the clocks in the house hahahaha! Gosh I felt like a total idiot - especially when my son says "wait until i tell daddy about this one!"

:lol: Sounds nice a nice leisurely moring after that though :mrgreen:

That's great!
I had a co-worker do something simular to that once!
She however works graveyards like me, and thought she woke up late (8am when it was 8pm) Drove her daughter to school, and was about to drop her daughter off for school, when she finally realized she was wrong. (her daughter was in 3rd or 4th grade and kept trying to subultly tell her it was night) She wasn't able to go back to sleep, until about 11pm (work starts at 1a) then proceeded to sleep till 4 and was late for work!!!!

hahahahahahahaha well.. the kids should be angry... :p youw oke them up an hour earlier! it is comparable to "no sweets ever" horror!

mentos_007 said:
it is comparable to "no sweets ever" horror!

Or even worse the "no video games on school nights". Oh the horror :shock:

The stress of being late just isn't worth it! Just phone in & say "Hey, we're gonna be late!"

If you'd done this you wouldn't have been so early! :confused:

I did once go into work when everybody was off on a local holiday! I didn't know anything about it and got a surprise 2 days off! I went round to my wifes house (girlfriend at the time) & told her & her mum I'd been sacked! :lol:

Oh many times have I had this happened. Except I usually caught it before I walked out the door . You deserve a little extra sleep tonight and your boys should get a little extra something for their cooperation. :lol: On the positive side, you will hear about this one for years to come.

Oh I hate it when things like that happen. I have a terrible habit of waking up at 7am, leaping out of bed in a cold sweat thinking I'm late for work (work starts at 7), running into the bathroom to sort myself out only to realise that it's actually my day off, or I'm on a night shift that night instead! Stupid clocks.

Most reactions

Back