one portrait for C & C

hayleyfraser24

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
hayleyfraserphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im practicing using my lights on my boyfriend, how did I do? Camera setting was on aperture priority f/2.2 iso 200. I used 2 soft boxes. I like it but maybe thats because hes my boyfriend and I think he looks really cute! lol. I converted it to black and white. Let me know what you think, thanks.

1 black and white conversion.
w491of1.jpg

Last edited:
first off if you are using studio lights you should be shooting on manual and not aperture priority, use camera cannot meter for off camera flash

first off if you are using studio lights you should be shooting on manual and not aperture priority, use camera cannot meter for off camera flash

I dont have an off camera flash but ill try shooting in manual next time. Thanks.

Am I improving at all??

I dont have an off camera flash but ill try shooting in manual next time. Thanks.

Am I improving at all??

If they are continuos aperture is ok

lovely totally sharp image, really draws one in.

It may be my strong tendency to get seasick but the off-vertical of the subject bothers me.
I would also suggest darkening all the whites in his shirt, the surround and his hands so his face is the brightest thing in the picture.
Right now it is vying for attention with a lot of bright spots.

All in all a very, very nice image.

Lew

w491of13333333333333.jpg

lovely totally sharp image, really draws one in.

It may be my strong tendency to get seasick but the off-vertical of the subject bothers me.
I would also suggest darkening all the whites in his shirt, the surround and his hands so his face is the brightest thing in the picture.
Right now it is vying for attention with a lot of bright spots.

All in all a very, very nice image.

Lew

w491of13333333333333.jpg

Thankyou Lew, a great critique, as always!

I re cropped this, I didnt realise how wonky it was untill you pointed it out Lew, thanks for the advice. Im tempted to get rid of the white in the t shirt all together but thats maybe a tommorow job, its getting late here in Aberdeen!

w492221of1.jpg

Most reactions

Back