What's new

One wish.........

480sparky45 44

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
25,394
Reaction score
9,148
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you had just one wish, and it had to be for a feature your gear doesn't have........ what would it be?

I mean, take all your photo gear..... Cameras, lenses, accessories, pods, computer, software, printer.... the whole 10½ yards. If you could add just ONE feature to all that, what would you choose?

Not some mythical feature...... no "Push Here to Take THE Perfect Photo" button for your camera. And no equipment 'upgrades', either.... no "I have a p&S and want a DSLR". It has to be a feature, a function, a process.... something that actually exists, just you don't have it. But you'd really like to.

mw_hmmm.gif
What would it be?
 
I'm not very creative, and don't really feel like thinking about this right now, but I *will* say... I'm jealous that the T3i has an angled LCD screen. I wish I could get that surgically installed into my T2i. :lol:
 
A lightweight, 15-400mm IS f1.2 lens within my budget :D
 
Would be nice if the Nikon's had a built in radio transmitter and the flashes had a receiver so didn't have buy extra accessories.
 
Well I have two off the top of my head... I wish my 20d had a spot-meter, and I wish there were more lenses with retractable hoods. Do any current lenses have that?
 
It took me a whole day, but I settled on one thing. I would like to see the ability to add third party applications, such as light version of Noise Ninja, or "insert favorite PS action here" and put a light version directly as a plug-in to the camera firmware. So if, for example, you're shooting a low light concert, you could auto set the plug-in Noise Ninja to your favorite settings and it would intercept the RAW file, hit it with your chosen noise reduction parameter vs. the native noise reduction and put you that one step ahead on your PP. I would think you could do other helpful actions that you could help customize and expedite your work flow.

It would of course require the programmers who make programs like Noise Ninja or the various PS or LR plug-ins, to make them as a light and adaptable plug-in version. Similar to how websites make mobile web browser versions of their current websites. Or Amazon.com makes an application for smartphones.
 
Just one wish...boy that is a tricky one, I have so many - is there a prize for the best one??? ;) I think if I had to boil it all down to one and only one, it would be some sort of technology that would sense dust on my sensor and get rid of it without human intervention...just think, the joy of having a perpetually clean sensor and never having to worry about spots on my images again - sort of a high-tech Swiffer duster for sensors...I can hardly wait.

Cheers,

WesternGuy
 
Bah I have soooo many ideas (and its sad that most of them are firmwire upgrades only not physical changes to the camera)

So I'll just go with the first that was in my mind when this thread popped up:

A better aperture blade setup for the MPE 65mm macro lens. Oh its a good lens, but its aperture blade setup is harsh in that blurred highlights give a very angular shape rather than a nice smooth curved round one - so more blades and have them a little rounder please :)
 
I would like ISO 6400 to look like ISO 100!
 
Would be nice if the Nikon's had a built in radio transmitter and the flashes had a receiver so didn't have buy extra accessories.

Yep, if nikon's CLS operated over RF instead of IR, that would be amazing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom