oopsy at the photo lab

surfingfireman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I went to pick up my first roll of Fuji Provia (and only second ever roll of slide film)I had ever shot. I was pretty excited to see how things came out. While still in the parking lot, I look at the first slide. BEAUTIFUL, damn that is a fine waterfall pic. Look at the next one, another great waterfall. Then a beautiful sunset pic, some really nice up close wild mushroom shots and some sweet coastline shots.

All in all, would probably be my best work for quality shots in one roll of film...
IF I HAD TAKEN ANY OF THE SHOTS!!!!!!

The dingbats mixed up the order and I got some random persons slides, they have no idea where mine went or where these came from.

Just brutal.

Ohhh noooo! That's terrible. But hey at least you've got some nice photos! hehehe. :mrgreen:

Hopefully they'll find yours. *fingers crossed*

Jeez!... Photolabs! I bet that's the last time you use that lab. Sorry man!

The best story I have was while at a club event here in Toronto. I was extremely stoked cause it was the first time I had been to the particular club, and when I got there, there was plenty of light in the place to take some really great shots. The dj at the time was called "Bailey" and there was this girl there who's last name was "bailey". She wore an old team jersey with her name on it. I had a feild day taking shot's with her in them somehow.

Also a lot of friends there that were constantly asking me to take their picture, of coarse I obliged. The dj making cool faces in the shots. Great pictures all around.

Hour or two later I realized...I had been taking a lot of pictures. I remembered that I had tried a new film so it must have been 36 instead of 24 pics. So off I went take more pictures. After another 30mins I knew something was up.

Take a good look at the camera...yep...no film.

This is when I realized that drinking on the job was a bad idea.

A long time ago, a buddy & I went to a concert and also back stage for a meet & greet with our favorite band, Sawyer Brown.

We took photos of each other posing with the band...of some reason we switched cameras for the final shots of us with lead singer, Mark Miller.

Well the lab lost his photos. So he had my shots of him with the band but not the lead singer...and I only had the shot of my with Mark Miller.

I got some C41 film developed at Zellers(first mistake) and the girl told me that the next time I want to get black and white developed I had to tell her so she could send them away. This was AFTER they all developed properly.

What a retard. Should they even allow people with no knowledge of film to work those machines.

I didn't go back there again.

Tescos had a really bad habit of cutting my negatives through the middle of a frame on some of my astro photographs :pissed: (even with a couple of "normal" photographs at the start for them to setup to!".).

Now they don't cut the negatives for me they just put the developed roll in a plastic pot! :thumbup: Looks like they've hired a young lad with an interest in photography at the weekends!

I must be lucky - all the slides I have had developed over the years, and not a single mishap. :lovey: Just a little place I have to drive across town to get to, but they seem to have a E6 thing down to a science. Same day service, too. They rawk.

Thanks for your sympathy. The real kicker is that I drove across the border to Michigan to get to this place. In fact I think the roll is cursed. I went across last week to pick it up but when I got there, they said it hadn't come in yet. Apparently I walked out the door, got in my truck, drove around the corner, and the delivery guy showed up seconds after I left.

After my vacation in Montana. I took some film to Walgreens here in town. I had shot like 120 exposures. When I went to pick them up. I kept getting this story about how they had to send them out and to try again the next day.

Since there was nothing special about the film for it to be sent out in the first place, I started asking questions like "what do mean try? Don't you know when it sheduled to be delivered? and finally Where is the manager?"

He comes out and finally confesses that the machine ate my film and give me the eight shots that they salvaged. Now I told him that I could understand one roll getting chewed up but why in the f**k would you run another 4 rolls through without first seeing what the problem might be?

He then looks at me with this stupid look on his face and says "Sorry...I can give you some free film."

This is why I don't carry a handgun and the number one reason I shoot mostly digital now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back