Open for business

i was going to say a little blur is good to show the movement. too much in this case takes from the photo (imo). But then i noticed what looks like some noise. so perhaps you had this maxed out as far as you could on the shutter speed given the light situation and no flash. what was the aperture and lens? Maybe a lower ap and faster lens would have helped? i realize the flash in this case would probably be a little distracting in a public setting such as this and not very effective.

i think it is okay, good practice shot.
jmo and two cents i know little to nothing take it for what its worth.

Yeah, aperture was maxed out at f/2.8, ISO 400. There would have to be other people there for the flash to be distracting, lol. I don't think I had it with me.

This is the mall here. Almost completely empty. The rent is too high, from what I've heard. This was on a Friday afternoon - we only saw one other family there.

Josh, I think it's really well done. The pattern of the light is interesting and the motion blur highlights the emptiness of the mall - as if the only customers are ghosts :)

Yeah, aperture was maxed out at f/2.8, ISO 400. There would have to be other people there for the flash to be distracting, lol. I don't think I had it with me.

This is the mall here. Almost completely empty. The rent is too high, from what I've heard. This was on a Friday afternoon - we only saw one other family there.
buy some roller skates and go back. plenty of room looks like...
i actually looked through the first few photos on your page. i think some of them were better (swingset, kids on slide for example). I see why you did these shots though. empty mall is a tempting target.

Most reactions

Back