Open letter to a few people here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could always have a TPF Prick of the Month Nomination/Voting thread .... Identify threads and have some Voting to make it more interesting. lol
Is there enough bandwidth here to handle this? :lmao:

Geez Freaking Louise.....................................................There are some people around here that take themselves far too damn seriously. This is photography for gods sake, it's not freaking brain surgery, it's not feeding starving children, or finding a cure for a terminal disease. Hell it's not even rescuing an abandoned puppy or kitten.

It's taking freaking pictures. Yes for some it may be their lively hood which is serious to them, for others it's a mere hobby which to enjoy they take serious to get results, but get over yourselves and quit taking yourselves so damn seriously.

Frankly the 1,000,001 thread on whether photography is art or not, doesn't really amount to $#!& in this would. It saves no lives, it feeds no hungry, it provides no clothes to the naked nor does it give heat to the freezing or cool to those in repressive heat. While a photograph may be enjoyable to look at, so is a new born baby, so is the smile on the face of a starving child that has eaten a good meal for once, so is the expression on the face of family and friends that have just learned that their loved one is not going to die. If that first caveman that picked up a stick from the fire and drew those first crude drawing on some cave wall would have know that this is the kind of thing his simple act of pleasure was going to turn into he would have pissed on that drawing and washed it away.

I love you Robin. If you increase your sex to TPF ratio, I find that the annoying people are less annoying.

Well, proof of the pudding is in the eating and all that. I've seen your shots Robin and what I will say is if you want to give an opinion or tell us how you go about creating them I'm certainly listening.

I love you Robin. If you increase your sex to TPF ratio, I find that the annoying people are less annoying.

Just a question for clarification, if I may?

KT, are you saying that if one engages in more sex (quantitatively, and with another person, I assume) than one engages in reading/posting in TPF, one will find annoying people less so?

That's F#$@ing brilliant!

So, if I combine the two, then the effect is doubled, right?

What are you wearing right now?

:D

This thread really has me laughing.

Robin, since you mentioned me by name, I'll reply directly.

Here's my problem with you, specifically with regards to the thread that was locked; okay, a couple of things:

1) A post you made strongly suggested that you'd shot for Brightroom a number of times. By saying "The last time..." you suggest that there was "The first time..." and quite possibly "some times" in between. You formed an opinion based on three hours. You couldn't even bring yourself to admit that, maybe, that experience was the exception as opposed to the norm.

2) You grossly exaggerate. You said you shot "thousands" of photos. I pointed out why that wasn't possible. Then you sent me a link to some article some guy wrote in which he claimed he shot 4,000 pictures in 4-1/2 hours. For the type of shooting he was doing, that was not possible, and I showed you why it wasn't possible. The math didn't work. Like I said, the guy would've had to shoot one frame every 4 or five seconds, non-stop, for the entire 4-1/2 hours. But, apparently, since it's on the internet, you believe it to its core.

Frankly, I think it's pretty damn silly for you to start a thread in which you whine about newbies seeing established members arguing. Here's the rub, Sport: You'd damn well better wrap your head around the fact that it takes two to tango. Starting a thread like this is hardly fodder for friendly discourse.

I'm a very literal guy. If you say you shot "thousands", don't get your panties in a bunch if I question that. You need to develop the ability to admit when you're wrong, which is something I don't think I've ever seen from you.

Do I like you? No, I don't. But here's the thing: I don't dislike you, either. You're some random dude on the internet who really means nothing to me. Sorry, but I'm fortunate that I've developed a set of social skills which allows me to live beyond the internet. I don't care if someone on the internet likes me. I'm having a difficult time dreaming up a scenario in which that would genuinely matter to me. Do I like your photos? Sure. I think you're a good photographer. But if your ego and self-esteem suffer from not having someone "like" a photo you post, well, you're probably going to end up being wildly disappointed. When was the last time you "liked" one of my photos? When was the last time you laughed at one of my jokes?

Right.

But, by all means, go ahead and post some whiney manifesto about your feelings being hurt because you think some people don't like you. Honest to God, man, you're not that important to me. You shouldn't be. Why? Because you're just some random dude on the internet.

Dear God, I can't even believe this is a thing...

Last edited:
I voted Bacon. Oh wait, wrong thread. Well actually it isn't, just different gender.

I'm a totally unbiased newbie....and I must say that we should all get along. That doesn't mean we have to agree with everything someone says, but do it tactfully. Respect is earned. I learn a lot from all the forums I peruse. More than I can contribute. I hope that stays the same for a long time, and I'll be more than happy to share what little I do know. I respect everyone on here, and hope everyone can do the same without letting petty arguments get in the way of learning. Nice meeting all of you, and I hope this can be a productive forum.

So are we gonna make this thread a "let's list the *******s" thread now?

I'm IN!

Hereby self-nominated as a certified @$$****, although never actually proud of it.

In my Newbness, I would often criticize tiny faults such as; tilted frame, poor composition, etc., but have since mellowed somewhat. I think it takes a while to understand the vibe on here. Meanwhile, I have forever alienated myself from some very decent members who are excellent photographers.

Oh, well, perhaps in my next life I can atone.

I don't understand why the OP didn't just private message the individuals that he wanted to say something to.

Now this could just be me, but a heartfelt pm would have more impact then public blast.

So are we gonna make this thread a "let's list the *******s" thread now? :lol: I think the only way to make that constructive is for the people who are *******s to self-nominate. No pointing fingers please.

So we have (self-added)...

- kundalini
- robbins

I'll add myself to that list.

Come one now. You know who you are. Stand up tall and proud!

Manny, I read through this and honestly I was hurt, shocked, and dismayed. I couldn't believe it. I still can't.

I mean seriously, I got listed second? I didn't even get top billing? I mean I thought I was at the top of everybody's @#$@#$ list. Obviously I need to redouble my efforts.. rotlfmao.

So are we gonna make this thread a "let's list the *******s" thread now?

I'm IN!

Hereby self-nominated as a certified @$$****, although never actually proud of it.

In my Newbness, I would often criticize tiny faults such as; tilted frame, poor composition, etc., but have since mellowed somewhat. I think it takes a while to understand the vibe on here. Meanwhile, I have forever alienated myself from some very decent members who are excellent photographers.

Oh, well, perhaps in my next life I can atone.

I've got some extra sack cloth if you need it. The stuff is a lot cheaper if you buy in bulk. Good luck in the contest though.. some pretty stiff competition if I do say so myself. Lol

Just a question for clarification, if I may?

KT, are you saying that if one engages in more sex (quantitatively, and with another person, I assume) than one engages in reading/posting in TPF, one will find annoying people less so?

That's F#$@ing brilliant!

So, if I combine the two, then the effect is doubled, right?

What are you wearing right now?

:D

Big question being of course would this technically qualify as therapy, and therefore be covered by insurance? Lol

Geez Freaking Louise.....................................................There are some people around here that take themselves far too damn seriously. This is photography for gods sake, it's not freaking brain surgery, it's not feeding starving children, or finding a cure for a terminal disease. Hell it's not even rescuing an abandoned puppy or kitten.

It's taking freaking pictures. Yes for some it may be their lively hood which is serious to them, for others it's a mere hobby which to enjoy they take serious to get results, but get over yourselves and quit taking yourselves so damn seriously.

Frankly the 1,000,001 thread on whether photography is art or not, doesn't really amount to $#!& in this would. It saves no lives, it feeds no hungry, it provides no clothes to the naked nor does it give heat to the freezing or cool to those in repressive heat. While a photograph may be enjoyable to look at, so is a new born baby, so is the smile on the face of a starving child that has eaten a good meal for once, so is the expression on the face of family and friends that have just learned that their loved one is not going to die. If that first caveman that picked up a stick from the fire and drew those first crude drawing on some cave wall would have know that this is the kind of thing his simple act of pleasure was going to turn into he would have pissed on that drawing and washed it away.

Personally, I don't give a crap what you think about the importance of any specific thread but your opinion doesn't give you and your fellow thinkers the right to botch up other people's thread.
When you and Robbins jump in and distract, then you are saying that your opinion of how things should work is more important than other peoples'.

Screw up your own threads, and your compatriots threads all you want, but when you see people trying to be serious, don't take it on yourself to jump in there because you think that's the way things should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back