What's new

Opinion on my photos?

cameryn

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 29, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
NH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found a Nikon D70s that my grandfather gave me and I've been taking photos with it. However, I don't have any friends that could critique them. I'm quite new to photography. Here are a few of mine:

$Penny.webp
$DSC_0716.webp
$Flower.webp

What do you think? I know they're not great, but I've only been taking photos for under a month. What could I do differently?
 
Welcome to the site. Here are a few things to think about on these shots.

1) Get down on the dogs level when taking this picture. (The same advice goes for kids too).

2) Not too bad for exposure but what is the main subject? It has the feel of just a snapshot, it needs something of interest.

3) The flowers need separation from the back ground and the lighting seems like it is harsh (see the crisp shadows on the back drop.)
 
Welcome to TPF.

I agree with what ronlane said but also the dog looks to cool to me and has a blueish hue. It also could be the un-calibrated windows laptop I am on.

I cropped the image to remove whatever is on the grass above the dog and warmed it up but since you have no edit on your pix I will not post it.
 
Thanks for the advice! For the first one, I had a bit of trouble with getting it right because my dog is afraid of the camera, so I couldn't get very close to her. #3 was taken in completely natural lighting, but it was pretty bright in the room.
 
You don't need to be that close but squat or even sit down so the dog is roughly the same height as you. There is also a chance that maybe the dog with feel more secure.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom