Opinion on the following lenses?

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm just curious to see what the opinions are for these lenses because I don't really know much about them. I tried to put them in categories I could have gotten mixed up on some. In the attempted groups, which is the better one?

-Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro-Nikkor Lens
-Tamron 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 AF Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Lens

-Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED IF AF-S VR Zoom Nikkor Lens
-Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR [Vibration Reduction] Zoom Nikkor Lens
-Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II LD SP ZL Aspherical (IF) Zoom Lens with Built In Motor
-Tamron AF 24-135mm f/3.5-5.6 SP AD Aspherical (IF) Lens
-Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical Lens

-Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR ED Nikkor

I'm definitely a lens n00b so I would appreciate it if you gave opinions on the quality of whichever ones you know about :]
I especially don't know anything about Tamron.

[PS: I have a Nikon d70, I'm new to photography]

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
I'm just curious to see what the opinions are for these lenses because I don't really know much about them. I tried to put them in categories I could have gotten mixed up on some. In the attempted groups, which is the better one? Better for what?

-Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro-Nikkor Lens (good macro lens though a bit short on focal length)
-Tamron 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 AF Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Lens (Not really a Macro lens (advertising hype). Super zooms (12x+ magnification) are jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none lenses, even Nikon's.)

-Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED IF AF-S VR Zoom Nikkor Lens (One of Nikons best lens values, worth every penny. Not fast enough for low light use)
-Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR [Vibration Reduction] Zoom Nikkor Lens (Decent inexpensive kit lens with goos sharp focus when used in the right aperture and focal range.)
-Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II LD SP ZL Aspherical (IF) Zoom Lens with Built In Motor
-Tamron AF 24-135mm f/3.5-5.6 SP AD Aspherical (IF) Lens
-Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical Lens

-Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR ED Nikkor (Like the 55-200 another viable kit lens when used properly)

I'm definitely a lens n00b so I would appreciate it if you gave opinions on the quality of whichever ones you know about :]
I especially don't know anything about Tamron.

[PS: I have a Nikon d70, I'm new to photography]
You can find lens reviews all over the Internet if you do a little searching.

Places like www.dpreview.com are good. Not all lenses are reviewed there though.

mcopan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.triumphentertainment.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
you can get the 55-200 nikkor af vr dx lens from cameta camera on ebay for $150 plus shipping roughly. they got a batch of them. i delt with them before for lenses and they were great.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics