What's new

Opinions please!

hanikins

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
United Kingdom
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! Just wanted to say that I'm new to these forums and I'm interested in getting opinions on a few photos. I wasn't sure whether to put this thread in Urban/Cityscape or not so I kept in in General just to be safe.

I'm interested in any comments anyone has to offer but here are a couple of my own questions put to you;

- Are the compositions interesting? At times I like to apply a sense of geometry to my photographs by having symmetry or parallel lines but 100% of the time I try to create a "balanced" photograph. Have I achieved this or at least a sense of this?

- Have I gone too far with editing? Are the colours too bright or perhaps not bright enough? Do you think that some photos would work with more subdued colour?

- Do you feel that there's a "theme" within these photographs or do they seem mismatched?

As I said, any comments would be great but if some could answer my questions as best as you can that would be even better.

Thanks!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7306/8731653239_f5fcd4fbe0_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7292/8732770098_27b869eb9a_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7311/8732767892_d3ce06f41b_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7312/8731647571_73015c2526_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7306/8732762504_3fa6e69f95_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7287/8732760848_af6af6c216_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7288/8732758744_c8e4c49a7d_z.jpg
 

Attachments

  • $8731653239_f5fcd4fbe0_z.webp
    $8731653239_f5fcd4fbe0_z.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 93
Welcome to the forums Hanikins.

First off, as a general rule, post only 1-3 photos when you want critique, else you won't get any.
Second, number your photographs, and don't post links, most won't follow them. Instead, copy and paste the BB code from your flickr page. (Its under the "Share" button).
Third, be prepared for some harsh critique. Take a lesson from it all, but don't take it personally. These forums are not a safe zone, and if an image is terrible, someone will tell you. If its good,

I'm not going to critique all of them, but I'll give you my opinion on one. Only one of the images seems to be more than a snapshot, and thats the one of the buildings. It has some nice geometry, which you said is what you try and inspire. The rest lack this. The image is interesting, but only holds my attention for a moment, up until I'm done tracing the buildings lines and seeing the contrast in the colors. I would have much preferred to see something happening with the denizens of the buildings. This was probably a great opportunity for the "compose, then wait" approach to street shooting. The editing isn't too overpowering, if anything many of the images come across as just plain flat. Focus less on your geometry, and focus more on telling a story, whether you're telling it, or the subject is.

Keep shooting!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom