Opportunity of a lifetime, and get some fun out of it as well!

My magic does not extend far, but I'll give it a try :) Don't your (or her's for that matter) expectations up, I don't want to disappoint you now ;)

My magic does not extend far, but I'll give it a try :) Don't your (or her's for that matter) expectations up, I don't want to disappoint you now ;)

No worries, and many thanks in advance =)

I'm officially started. Spent a little over an hour on the outlines. Continuing tomorrow.

2WheelPhoto said:
Can you do this pic with a slight glamor flare and leave the shirt junk plain?? This little girl would be VERY happy! She wanted to play with studio lights and we shot a few snapshots, she adores this one

Okay, done. 4-5 hours total this time. I have little knowledge about glamour, so if it has the "glare" you wanted, I cannot tell.

65bc1736.jpg

That is a definite improvement. Good job man.

2WheelPhoto said:
Can you do this pic with a slight glamor flare and leave the shirt junk plain?? This little girl would be VERY happy! She wanted to play with studio lights and we shot a few snapshots, she adores this one

Okay, done. 4-5 hours total this time. I have little knowledge about glamour, so if it has the "glare" you wanted, I cannot tell.

65bc1736.jpg

Incredible, thank you very much!

You are rapidly improving here!!! Keep going!

What are you finding is the hardest feature for you?

MLeeK said:
You are rapidly improving here!!! Keep going!

What are you finding is the hardest feature for you?

Thanks. Proportions, hair, finer detail, realism, contrast.
What do you think I could have done better?

You are going too fast and trying to just get it on paper. Slow down and pay attention to what you are doing.
I know these are not going to sell for millions, but the ones down the line just might and if you don't slow down and get your details in you'll never find out.

I spent much longer on this than on my other drawings, though. Done in three sittings.

I feel that I can't really use my time efficiently. I'm not comfortable in techniques, what should I do first etc etc.

You get the basic features down on the paper, but then it appears that your patience is gone and your shading and details are scribbled. The details are important, but the shading makes the details. The lines should be very light and guidelines to where your shading is going to go.

And I don't give a fig for "technique." I have never learned jack for technique. I just draw. I learned the basics in high school and promptly threw that right out the window.

You're getting there - nice job. I like charcoal as well.

Thanks. Proportions, hair, finer detail, realism, contrast.
What do you think I could have done better?

You're definitely improving, great job! I used to draw a little years ago and had similar issues with proportions and rushing things. what do you start with when you first put the pencil to the paper? I used to find it helpful to do a really rough mapout in general geometric shapes and wireframe lightly first, get the proportions and features located and oriented accurately, then build up a rough outline, add in some details, then shading, etc....basically going in layers from rough to fine, and just refining it a little bit with each step...I found this guy's page which shows some good preparatory stages to getting proportions accurate, and he goes through similar 'refining' steps...Portrait drawing | Drawing Factory

don't get frustrated, you're doing well, it just takes practice, like photography, or anything else for that matter.

Forgot about this thread. Here's another one for ya!

5313697987_85a8816fc8_z.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back