Opteka Timer Remote Control

maxbeckmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,
This is my first post here. I am hoping that folks can help. I am working on a time-based project that requires a picture to be taken once per day at 7am. I am a part of the picture, so I cannot take it with remote/shutter timer/etc. I want the camera or the attachment to have a timer that can be set, much like a VCR, to go off at a certain time.

I found the Opteka remote control online and it seems to be what I am looking for. My questions:

1. have you ever used this remote control before? have you used the timer setting? can it do what I am looking for?
2. do you have other ideas that might work that are cheaper?

I appreciate any help that anyone can give.

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,
This is my first post here. I am hoping that folks can help. I am working on a time-based project that requires a picture to be taken once per day at 7am. I am a part of the picture, so I cannot take it with remote/shutter timer/etc. I want the camera or the attachment to have a timer that can be set, much like a VCR, to go off at a certain time.

I found the Opteka remote control online and it seems to be what I am looking for. My questions:

1. have you ever used this remote control before? have you used the timer setting? can it do what I am looking for?
2. do you have other ideas that might work that are cheaper?

I appreciate any help that anyone can give.

Thanks in advance!
I don't get the joke. Sorry. Help me out.

There's a joke?

Why does it need to be at exactly 7am? Many remotes have a delayed shutter button, or a timelapse function, but every day at exactly 7am? It sounds easier to setup the camera hit the time release and off you go.

There's a joke?

Why does it need to be at exactly 7am? Many remotes have a delayed shutter button, or a timelapse function, but every day at exactly 7am? It sounds easier to setup the camera hit the time release and off you go.
Exactly....That's why I thought it was a joke, somehow since max will be "part of the picture".

I am in the picture sleeping guys, I can't take the picture with a remote timer. I need to set it up ahead of time and then have it act independently.

Does that make sense?

Lol that's a VERY BIG detail. I don't know of any remotes capable of that. If by the Opteka remote you mean Opteka camera remote control - Compare prices, reviews, user opinions - Shopper.com then no. I have this remote (with a different brand, as they are generic Chinese clones of the Nikon remote), and all it can do is set intervals, delays, and set number of repeats.
In any case the chip doesn't sleep when its timing so it's battery wouldn't last long if you're running something overnight.

I would suggest you investigate computer control of your camera. The software may do it, or may have an API to do it.

Most reactions

Back