Options

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, currently I think my little D3100 is a great camera and served it's purpose. I think it's time to upgrade to a camera with an internal motor and commander mode. The gear I currently have are

50mm 1.8
18-55 kit
18-105 kit
SB-700

I think I'm aiming for the D90 body only from BH photo and video. I plan on selling my little D3100 with possibly the 18-105 to get some money towards the D90. I want to keep the 18-55mm for up close shots possibly, you never know when you need a little kit lens. Then I figured I could get like 400 out of them? (price suggestions open) Both in great condition. Not sure how to get the shutter count on my D3100. However, with the purchase of a new D90 I want to get the
[h=1]AF Zoom-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED [/h]I think I'm looking at a good setup if all goes as planned,
PLANNED SETUP
D90, 50mm, 70-200mm, 15-55mm and SB-700..

Any suggestions on pricing my camera or planned set up please feel free. I'm opened to options.

Any of the AF 80-200 f/2.8G lenses are good gear. The current 2-ring can be bought new or used, while the older push-pull can be gotten used.

Asking price and selling price are usually 2 different numbers. High quality, well lit photos of what you are selling is very helpful for supporting asking price.
A seller that does not have to sell can often afford to wait for a buyer willing pay the asking price.

To read the shutter count capture a photo as a JPEG.

Using an EXIF reader scroll down and look here in that JPEG's EXIF data:

ScreenShot006.png

Last edited:
Sounds like you know what you want to me. Decent buys. I would upgrade that kit lens too. At least a tamron 17-50 f2.8. But a nikon 17-55 f2.8 would be nicer.

Sounds like you know what you want to me. Decent buys. I would upgrade that kit lens too. At least a tamron 17-50 f2.8. But a nikon 17-55 f2.8 would be nicer.

Thank you KMH

and Diskojoe, I think I spent enough time, I just wanted reassurance :p Since I have some tax return money coming, website money coming, logo design money coming, figured I'll treat myself. My next lens if this all is executed will be a kit lens replacement :p

Camera Actuations: 4045...That isn't too bad is it?

Someone also stated to me this is a FX camera lens and the D90 is a DX camera body causing the lens in reality be about a 343mm at 200mm? Is this true, I believe I saw it on FlickR discussion page

Last edited:
Also people buying a used d3100 probably wont be as worried about the shutter count. Now if you were selling a d700 people would definitely want to know. But it wouldnt hurt to list the info.

Yes. That is a 2-ring. Used 2-rings is like new condition go for about $900.

Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF Zoom Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras

Amazon.com gets almost all of the new camera gear that Amazon sells from Adorama. Not all the gear listed on Amazon.com is sold by Amazon.

Nikon USA lenses come witha 1 year waranty. That gets extended to 5 years toal warranty when the lens is registered at NikonUSA.com.

You cannot buy new push-pull to zoom AF 80-200 f/2.8's, only used ones.

Push-pulls in really good condition go for about $650.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back