snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm taking the advice of the rabbit and getting some prints made. I've searched for the best photo lab, but I guess it's a subjective thing. Many labs with many recommendations. Who do you use, and why?

ETA: Pay no attention to the 1 choice. I don't seem to be able to edit it out.

Any of the above.

Mpix is the consumer print lab owned by the Pro lab Miller's. Miller's also has MpixPro.

^^^This

I deal with my local camera shop. They do a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nations Try them once, Best quality, speed, price and customer care. order software. When you receive your order, it is flat out packaged perfect.

What is the consensus on Color Correction? I would be of the thought that I wouldn't want them changing my images in any way. However, I have not calibrated my monitor. Would it be wise to use the Color Correction option?

first order with Nations, I choose color correction. Had second thoughts after the prints arrived. called Nations and ask if they would send me a 4x6 w/o color correction so I could compare. They said, I'll do you one better. They reprinted the whole order. Free with free shipping. they were 11x17. Got them 2 days later.

Ed, so you preferred the non-color corrected images? I saw that on your first order with Nations, and you order non-color corrected, they'll include, for free, images that are color corrected so you can compare!

No CC for me. Want to see what I am producing.

Haven't used any of those. So far I've only used Adoramapix and I've had no complaints. I also do not use any color correction.

I've used Bayphoto for the last year or so. Tried Nations and Adoramapix before that, I've been happiest with Bayphoto's quality and customer service.

I've been using mpix and just signed up with mpixpro (waiting on cc images for comparison now)

I will say that I've had my last two orders thru mpix- a 20x30 and a 12x18-both arrive bent due to post office & fedex issues. However they have reprinted both and sent them next day.

I found this comparison site...................

Best Online Photo Print Lab [Test Results]

I looked at ProDPI, but their website is funky and no ROES for ordering. Being the tech-geek I am, I'm wanting to make use of remote ordering software. I thought I was going to go with Bay Photo, but since Ed mentioned Nations, and I looked them over, they are currently the frontrunner. Thanks for the input everybody. I'll wait a few more days to see if there is any more response.

There's WHCC, Bay, Miller's Nation's, Costco, Walgreens, etc...
Pick your favorite and go with it. I used WHCC for a time, but I don't print much. They have good prices and good customer service.

I ended up switching to Nation's though as they're out of Baltimore which is only about an hour away. I don't know if they do it anymore, but they'll let you tour the facility and have awesome customer service as well. I never had any issue with WHCC, I just went with a more local company for me. Nation's print quality is like WHCC's, terrifc.

I also had a Smugmug sub for a year or two and had their lab print photos for a few of my clients and they loved them. My issue is that I don't print enough and have a pro sub to Smugmug was costing me more than it was making, so it had to go.

I like what ED (old hippie) had to say about Nations. I have used them too, and they were great!

I'm taking the advice of the rabbit and getting some prints made. I've searched for the best photo lab, but I guess it's a subjective thing. Many labs with many recommendations. Who do you use, and why?

ETA: Pay no attention to the 1 choice. I don't seem to be able to edit it out.

Try MpixPro or Miller's lab. My choice. Always happy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back