"Organic Decay…”

enezdez

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
20180113-untitled-1-HDR-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

What’s with all the splotches in the sky?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It must be some kind of processing to mimic an actual analog photographic development, but I'm durned if I know what it is. ;) Wet plate/collodion, maybe? Frankly, I have always liked the look of the handmade, warts & all "faults" in certain analog development. They are natural by-products of chemical interactions with various emulsions. When they are mimicked from the use of technology, however, it simply does not ring true (such as the fake scratches on a non-existent negative) and loses its appeal. Just a personal reaction.

From a composition standpoint, the tree rising directly out of the back headstone is a mite off; a couple of steps in either direction might have given a better view of the entire trunk of that neat old tree.

It does look like a beautiful old cemetery to wander around in for a shoot. I like those leaning monuments and headstones.

Idea maybe interesting, in a way to create specific feel of the moment. And that is fine, but with this amount of processing one has to ask, is it still a photograph ? Or already a painting (digital graphics) ? There is much more artifacts, than the splotches in the sky. They actually look very "impressionistic", but there is also a number of white, horizontal lines I am curious about. Also definition of the image is very low, I am not digital expert at all, but that looks very bad. How this happened ?

It's to make it look like "film."

It must be some kind of processing to mimic an actual analog photographic development, but I'm durned if I know what it is. ;) Wet plate/collodion, maybe? Frankly, I have always liked the look of the handmade, warts & all "faults" in certain analog development. They are natural by-products of chemical interactions with various emulsions. When they are mimicked from the use of technology, however, it simply does not ring true (such as the fake scratches on a non-existent negative) and loses its appeal. Just a personal reaction.

From a composition standpoint, the tree rising directly out of the back headstone is a mite off; a couple of steps in either direction might have given a better view of the entire trunk of that neat old tree.

It does look like a beautiful old cemetery to wander around in for a shoot. I like those leaning monuments and headstones.

Thank you for your inputs, here is the EXIF in case you guys are curious, the Analog Efex Pro 2 is the software to mimic film i.e. the bloody blotches & scratches lol

X Pro-2
f/5.6
ISO 100
1/500 Sec.
Fujifilm XF 23 mm f/2 R WR
23 mm Equivalent 35 mm

X Pro-2
f/8.0
ISO 100
1/250 Sec.
Fujifilm XF 23 mm f/2 R WR
23 mm Equivalent 35 mm

(Processed In LR, Color Efex Pro 4, & Analog Efex Pro 2 )

Image consists of two (2) shots HDR processed in LR - Acros G Filter.

Again thanks for the input, stay warm it's cold out there brrrrrrr! :eek-73:

Enezdez

Idea maybe interesting, in a way to create specific feel of the moment. And that is fine, but with this amount of processing one has to ask, is it still a photograph ? Or already a painting (digital graphics) ? There is much more artifacts, than the splotches in the sky. They actually look very "impressionistic", but there is also a number of white, horizontal lines I am curious about. Also definition of the image is very low, I am not digital expert at all, but that looks very bad. How this happened ?

It's a software preset filter.

Very nice shot, it almost looks like its painted!

Thank you very much appreciate it, stay warm it's cold out there brrrrrrrrr!

Enezdez

I don't see it. I see low resolution, pushed beyond breaking point digital something. But maybe not all bad, the idea of impressionism feel is ok, it is just not easy to implement. (I may also be very wrong about OP intentions).
Oh, and no, scratches on the film come out as black in positive.

It's a software preset filter.
Really ? GSA.

I would have liked to see this in just a B & W version. I think it would have made an interesting image with a morning/evening set. Definitely worth a visit again.

I don't see it. I see low resolution, pushed beyond breaking point digital something. But maybe not all bad, the idea of impressionism feel is ok, it is just not easy to implement. (I may also be very wrong about OP intentions).

Thus the ironic quotation marks around "film."

Thus the ironic quotation marks around "film."
OK. :1247:

Most reactions

Back