Ornaments

acstewart85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My grandmother has some ornaments that she has had for almost 60 years and I would like to get good pictures but so far have not a clue as to how to do it and make them look good. Do I do it at night with the lights on, during the day with the lights on, during the day with the lights off? The tree is in a corner where there quite of bit of light coming in during the day, there is also the overhead light of the room about 8 feet away. This is one that I shot then cropped, adjusted the white balance the focus on the ornament is horrible but it serves as a good example of what I am trying to take a picture of. I took the picture with only the lights on the tree and my pop up flash not a full power.
antique1.jpg

That one looks OOF. (or vibration from a long shutter speed affected it)

I would do at night, with the tree lights on, maybe some ambient lighting, but be careful of reflections! I tried to do some ornament photos and I couldn't get rid of my own reflection in the ball do I got fed up and gave up...for now...:sexywink:

Use a tripod to avoid vibration as you shutter speed will be longer. I haven't really done a whole lot with my flash so I'll leave that up to someone else...

Try shooting with aperture at its widest (3.5 on your lens ?) Tripod would help with low light and shutter speed like Lyondroar mentioned. Flash shouldn't be necessary with enough ambient light.
Merry Christmas !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back