Osprey dive in the rain

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Perhaps a bit underexposed, but I didn't have much light to work with. The Ospreys were fishing so I wasn't leaving. This dive was really close and wasn't so easy to track with the big 500 being a bit slippery.. Comments welcome and thanks for looking..

Osprey in the rain 7_14 7 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey in the rain 7_14 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey in the rain 7_14 8 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey in the rain 7_14 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey in the rain 7_14 4 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey in the rain 7_14 5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

7 The above series didn't show how hard it was raining because it happened so close.. This one gives you a better idea...
Osprey in the rain 7_14 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Crazy Sweetness! The bokeh you are getting with that lens is creamy especially with green and brownish backgrounds.
The fact that you can track and stay focus with any lens is super impressive.

#7 - Love the rain and looks like it's about to dive into sand or a really shallow puddle.

Kris this is exceptional work. #4 and 5 are my favs. In #4 your timing was spot on. you caught his protective eye covering. That's just awesome. Kudos to you.

Kris, great shots as usual. It is hard to pick out a favourite in this set, but 3 and 5 would tie for the lead.

WesternGuy

,I have seen hundreds of osprey shots from you, but #7 is very unique.. Love it! :)

I agree with Raj, They are all wonder as your shots always are, but #7 is really wonderful I think! :)

They are all fantastic but I have to agree that the rain in #7 makes it very unique and very pleasing.

Oh my, very very cool. Great set, impossible to choose one!

My goodness - stunning images.

Awesome set. I tried to pick a favorite and failed.

19083201413_ef67e18db9_h.jpg
"I meant to do that!"

nice osprey BIF shots

Crazy Sweetness! The bokeh you are getting with that lens is creamy especially with green and brownish backgrounds.
The fact that you can track and stay focus with any lens is super impressive.
#7 - Love the rain and looks like it's about to dive into sand or a really shallow puddle.
,I have seen hundreds of osprey shots from you, but #7 is very unique.. Love it! :)
They are all fantastic but I have to agree that the rain in #7 makes it very unique and very pleasing.
I agree with Raj, They are all wonder as your shots always are, but #7 is really wonderful I think! :)
Thanks! I actually really like #7 as well. I wasn't sure if it would be one of those shots that meant more to me as I had to endure the elements to get it. Sometimes I think I'm a little crazy (maybe a lot) sitting in a downpour watching the Osprey hover..

Kris this is exceptional work. #4 and 5 are my favs. In #4 your timing was spot on. you caught his protective eye covering. That's just awesome. Kudos to you.
Kris, great shots as usual. It is hard to pick out a favourite in this set, but 3 and 5 would tie for the lead.
WesternGuy
Great series! Superb timing on #4!
What a delightful series! Enjoyed viewing them all.
Pic 5 struck a special chord in the heart. :)
Thank you all! The timing is more the 7D Mark II. Many people really don't need the 10 FPS, but I am that really does. This sucker was hard to track as it was diving down from right to left and tracking towards me. It ended up in the water about 90 feet away, but it probably started about 150 feet out. It just appeared to my right and was already in the dive. This time the AF worked very well on the 7Dm2 and the whole series was in focus, except when it first came out of the water. I really missed some bad ass shots as it came straight at me :(

Oh my, very very cool. Great set, impossible to choose one!
My goodness - stunning images.
Awesome set. I tried to pick a favorite and failed.
nice osprey BIF shots
Thanks for all the kind words!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back