Osprey has returned

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was the first reported sighting of an Osprey in the area.

i-hCQPNP7-L.jpg

Nice! Always exciting! I've never actually seen a osprey in person and don't know much about them, as they're not extremely rare in my neck of the woods. We do have 3-4 known nesting pairs of bald eagles however.

Osprey are gorgeous birds though and I imagine very fun to photograph!

Nice shot. I am looking forward to their return where I am.

Nice! Hoping to see some around here soon.

Nice! Always exciting! I've never actually seen a osprey in person and don't know much about them, as they're not extremely rare in my neck of the woods. We do have 3-4 known nesting pairs of bald eagles however.

Osprey are gorgeous birds though and I imagine very fun to photograph!

Thanks. They can be very fun to watch.

Nice. I can't wait to see the all new 2017 osprey models.:1251:

Hopefully the ones in my spot don't decide to use this as a nest again this year. I don't have a lens long enough for it lol

Wishful thinking Bill.Report back with some shots when you see them return. A town over from me had the osprey build on top of a pole around power lines so after they cleared out for the season the town workers put some traffic cones on top to discourage them from building a nest again.Well the osprey came back built a nest all around and in between the cones.LOL

Wishful thinking Bill.Report back with some shots when you see them return. A town over from me had the osprey build on top of a pole around power lines so after they cleared out for the season the town workers put some traffic cones on top to discourage them from building a nest again.Well the osprey came back built a nest all around and in between the cones.LOL
I would like to see that image - around the traffic cones. In my city, the Power people have put up separate poles with a nesting platform for them to use and that has worked. These pole nests are placed away from the regular power lines and closer to the river - they seem to like that.

WesternGuy

Yes it's crazy, they keep trying to discourage the osprey but there going about stupidly wrong,I mean traffic cones what genius people we have working for the city and towns. people have suggested a platform but nope so the nests continue.Duh. CT light & power has done this already once when one caught fire. It takes a fire first and a black out before they put a platform up.LOL

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back