7)
os_7.jpg

8)
os_8.jpg

9)
os_9.jpg

2 is like "hey, what you doing?"

Amazing shots!

Nice!! Can't wait to find an osprey; I've never seen one here, though I know they are around. Last time I saw an osprey was a visit to Florida, 10+ years ago (side note: I cannot believe it's really been that long since I went to FL; might be time to change that).

I especially love #2, 4 and 6. 2 might just be my favorite because of the unusual angle--plus, I love to photograph birds looking at me, they have such emotive looks!

Fantastic shots! Oh I miss the osprey in CT. 3 more months.. Really great series, thanks for sharing!

That's a really great set! :thumbup:
I wish I had osprey around me.

thanks all, the day was just amazing, I got many different bird photos.

actually I think this egret may have made out better then the osprey, this egrets fish was big enough to have a hard time swallowing it, which I think helped give me many up close and personal photo ops with it.

ef_1.jpg

and I got to use the 300mm with no teleconverters, wide open at 2.8 = great bokehlishness, is that a new word? haha

bok_1.jpg

All of them are really awsome.

We have an osprey nest and last Spring 4 came back and stayed around until mid to late summer.

skieur

thanks all, i have been told for #2 im lucky me and my lens where not covered in white

Incredible clarity -- birds don't sit still all that much, so stopping their action at just the right head-angle etc. is really a feat! Congrats on some stunning images ... as well as great new experiences w/the osprey!

Love those birds.

If you look at number 8 in the right way, it looks like the Osprey has one big eye and one little eye haha.

Fantastic photos.

I went to your website Matthewo. Some fantastic images on there, really love the bird photography. Id love to get closer to that kind of stuff, but at the moment I can't get very close haha. I need a bit of zoom, or some luck that a Red Tailed Hawk lands on the roof of my work place just about 7 feet away and doesn't move so I can snap a few photos. Which actually happened, best bird photos I have. :)

Keep up the excellent work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back