Oswald (Lighting Study 2)

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some advice and tried the snoot again with a stuffed Oswald. How did I do? Is this an improvement? I moved the light a bit more towards the front for a little more substance and aimed it down slightly to give the creepy bastard something to be... tentacle sitting. Yeah, that.

Lighting Study: Oswald by longm1985, on Flickr

Also did another image. I posted it in the Imperial Outpost thread, but I want real critique on it, so I think it wouldn't hurt to throw it in.

Gangnam Style by longm1985, on Flickr

I think it's pretty obvious what I was going for (I know I know, Gangnam Style is WAY overplayed, I got it). I even lit a candle to add smoke, but... well... as you can see, that didn't work out too well. Anyway, for this one, I put it much higher and closer to look like a spotlight. Alright, how is this? What do I need to work on here? What's a good next step? Thanks for your help, everyone. I really do appreciate it.

The Imperial Outpost shot looks good to me........I noticed it in the original post and like it. As for smoke, use a steam iron for the effect and a remote on your camera so it sync. I learned this in one of the food sites: if you want smoke effect, use a clothes steamer and you do not have to use a remote....just shoot until you are satisfied with how it looks. And keep that steam away from your appliances and your camera. Don't blame me. I've warned you.

Very nice... but Oswald is actually one of my bamboo seedlings:

The Imperial Outpost shot looks good to me........I noticed it in the original post and like it. As for smoke, use a steam iron for the effect and a remote on your camera so it sync. I learned this in one of the food sites: if you want smoke effect, use a clothes steamer and you do not have to use a remote....just shoot until you are satisfied with how it looks. And keep that steam away from your appliances and your camera. Don't blame me. I've warned you.

I'll give that a try for the next batch. Up next, I'm thinking the 1897 Kodak and a different, non-blending-in olive oil bottle and whatever else I find in the kitchen. :lol: And yes, I'll probably burn the house down, but that's my luck for ya.

Oswald the bamboo seedling? I woulda named him Seymour. Just because. That's also an incredible bokeh there too, Dikkie. Wow.

I'm gonna bump this because I'm hoping for a few more opinions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back