Other people unable to print my photos

on the left box, looks like a light bulb of sorts.

Thank yo everyone for your input.

Okay, If anyone can print from the web site. How can this type of business still in the business. Please see link below. Please advise. I am interesting to do something like this in the future maybe in a year or two.

Here is how they do it. If the customer want them to take picture then the customer have to pay up front say $25. Then the photographer will take some pictures and will give the customer password to go into their website to take a look at customer pictures about 4 days later so the customer can choose and order the photos that the customer like. In this case, the customers have to go into "MY PROOFS" and click on meet that they were in then the customers can click on their photo then it will take them into his/her photos for them to pick and order.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Okay, If anyone can print from the web site. How can this type of business still in the business. Please see link below. Please advise. I am interesting to do something like this in the future maybe in a year or two.

Here is how they do it. If the customer want them to take picture then the customer have to pay up front say $25. Then the photographer will take some pictures and will give the customer password to go into their website to take a look at customer pictures about 4 days later so the customer can choose and order the photos that the customer like. In this case, the customers have to go into "MY PROOFS" and click on meet that they were in then the customers can click on their photo then it will take them into his/her photos for them to pick and order.

Home

Thank you,

A business like that restricts access to the photos via a password. You can't see them at all unless you can log in. If I can see them I can take them, but in this case it would be necessary to hack the password or website security to gain initial access. That's a different ball game.

Joe

[/QUOTE]A business like that restricts access to the photos via a password. You can't see them at all unless you can log in. If I can see them I can take them, but in this case it would be necessary to hack the password or website security to gain initial access. That's a different ball game.

Joe[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Sorry, I didn't make it clear. The photographer will give the password to the customer. So let say, this customer got password from photographer. After customer log in and see his/her photos. Then customer can pick photos, order the photos, and pay photographer online. If the customer can print his own on that website, so how the photographer can make money from customer.

Last edited:
Thank you. Sorry, I didn't make it clear. The photographer will give the password to the customer. If the customer can print his own on that website, so how the photographer can make money from customer.

Why are you uploading your images to a website where you cannot control what the customer does with them? At least in terms of ordering prints?

Thank you. Sorry, I didn't make it clear. The photographer will give the password to the customer. If the customer can print his own on that website, so how the photographer can make money from customer.

Not all customers want to cheat. Not all customers know how to cheat. And access my still be restricted. In the situation you describe the customer may be shown only a low-res version of the photo. The higher-res version used for printing never being made available for viewing on the screen.

Joe

Last edited:
If the customer can print his own on that website, so how the photographer can make money from customer.
That's exactly why so many photographers new to the business of doing photography aren't in business very long.
There is no way to prevent those that have access to the online photographs from copying those photos and having them printed, as well as giving the photos to relatives and friends.

As a general rule, retail photographers that are able to stay in business proof in person, not online.
Retail photographers that proof in person usually have a much higher average sale than photographers that post proofs online.

Wow! Thank you for everyone value info. You guy are the best as usual.

There's also some who get creative in 'hiding' their watermarks in plain sight.

Sneaky%20Watermark.jpg

Let's see who can spot this one first.
Found it

Most reactions

Back