Other photographers

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do you deal with other photogs in your area?
Everyone I've met in real life so far has been so nice and helpful! Yes, I ask a TON of questions, but more because I'm interested in learning, not because I'm trying to copy anything. I just want to know so much.

I finally came across someone that is a bit harsh.

She does pinup style work, similar to the pictures I posted earlier. Well I commented on one of her photos and asked her if the backdrop was seamless paper or vinyl and she friggen wigged out on me! lol
Saying stuff like she is not here to help me copy her, and I should not ask other photographers what their set up is, especially not local photogs.... but in less nice way.
I understand what she is saying, but honestly I'm not trying to copy her, or anything, I'm just new and I wanted to know.
I sent her a message apologizing and explaining that I'm new, I don't want to step on any toes, blah blah blah, but I just don't know why it pissed her off so bad?

She's probably just afraid you're going to try to steal her customers. Some photographers that do it for pay can be competitive.

In every industry you will have that. Pay attention to those who are willing to help a fellow photog. Karma will come back on the bad ones. If you want respect you must give it first. Shes a bad apple.
Im done with the analogies.
Good Luck and BTW great pics posted earlier.:thumbup:

Businesses often have trade secrets, or hold things confidential. Get used to it. Have you ever had to sign a non-compete agreement?

I'm not stealing anything! lol
Not like she is the first person to ever photograph pin ups style shoots?!?
I just can't understand being like this.
If she is good, then she shouldnt worry about me stealing anything.
:( I hate it. I am so not a drama person!

Thanks guys!
99% of people I've met have been happy to help me.
I asked her about her friggen seamless paper. lol

and yes, when I worked at Gatewaste, I mean Gateway, I had to sign one that I would not work at Dell. lol

That's so unusual coming from Pensacola! I was born and raised there and southern hospitality was all around!

We're stationed in California now and you can bet that I ask for any advice on tpf and not an actual local photographer!

lol
I'm not from here, I don't think she is either.
The thing is I respect her work.
but now I'm looking at it and I get an ugly feeling. Too bad because it is really amazing!

I'm not stealing anything! lol
Not like she is the first person to ever photograph pin ups style shoots?!?
I just can't understand being like this.
If she is good, then she shouldnt worry about me stealing anything.
:( I hate it. I am so not a drama person!

Didn't you post something about finding a branch to hang a baby from, and cited an image from somebody else?
No, you aren't copying anyone, or "stealing" ideas.

Let me know when you are on the leading edge of creativity, and all the MWC's take *your* ideas.

Stop being such a Judgie McJudgerson.

what is MWC?

I understand your point.
But I'm learning. You learn by doing, recreating, and adjusting.

@#% now I'm scared to talk to anyone! lol Because all I do is ask questions. No one yet has been rude.

Why be scared? You just need to realize nobody is required to help you. Accept the kind help you do get, but don't judge those who won't help, because you may not know where they are coming from.

That's so unusual coming from Pensacola! I was born and raised there and southern hospitality was all around!

We're stationed in California now and you can bet that I ask for any advice on tpf and not an actual local photographer!
Yeah, don't ask me. I'm all jacked up on Mt Dew, and I'll throw things at you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back