Our baby girl is home! Newborn inside!

Congratulations! Beautiful girl, beautiful images. But the second one, with the Mona Lisa smile is outrageous!

haha thank u, i love that one too!

I took a photo a day of both of my kids. Take as many photos as you can. You won't be sorry. Congratulations. I am super happy for you.
thanks! im going to try to take as many as i can. i got the bed set up/turned to help with the window light, hopefully get some decent ones later!

ohhh she is so cute! Congrats!

Get use to that look in #4, you will be seeing something close to it every time to ask her to clean her room, tell her she doesn't need her own phone, can't spend the night at a friends' house or simply just open your mouth to talk to her from the age 8 on. :)

haha thats hilarious but probably true! thanks.

tried to light a little different (turned her using natural light from the window, but it was cloudy), so used my speedlight/umbrella for a little more from about 45 camera right.

also, tried the "sitting up" shot composite. i failed, but ill post it anyways. playing with edit styles, not sure i care for #2

7770059644_7f1026db06_b.jpg

7770059974_18a1534d30_b.jpg

ok the more and more i take pictures of her and edit, the more i realized some of the things i'm doing wrong, in the execution and post processing. here is my favorite/most recent edit. ive got to work on smoothing out the background, im having a hell of a time doing so in Paint shop pro x4. I'm going to switch over to Adobe when I can fund it, but right now a buddy of mine has a copy of 7.0 for me and the book, I'm going to try it.

7781172814_192e55a4ba_b.jpg

Way to go!!!! Cute baby. You now have a great excuse to buy more awesome photo gear!!!! Such a sweet deal,eh? I mean, in exchange for tens and tens of thousands of dollars worth of child rearing expenditures, you can justify spending a few thousand bucks on lenses and flashes and stuff!

The last one is stinkin' cute. I wish I would have had some type of idea about photography 16 years ago when my first was born. All my pictures of my kids when they were babies are so bad.

Oooooooo so dang cute!! Congrats she is just beautiful!! Lovin the shots in red!!

Congratulations! I have a nearly 6 month old. She is the most amazing thing ever.

Awesome pictures, too, by the way!

I like the expression in #2.. most interesting!

Congratulations! It's a wonderful feeling to have a child. Your efforts are very good - keep it up. As someone with "grown" children, my experience is that you should enjoy every moment, they grow up 'way too fast, and there's no such thing as too many photos. Don't show every single one of them to other relatives and friends, but do try to capture both the important and the quiet moments. Later on, you'd be surprised how often you want to look at the "quiet moments". Gorgeous daughter. Hope your wife is feeling well as well - after all, she did all the work up to this point!

Also as the father of a "grown" daughter, I wish I had known more about capturing moments back in the day. Congratulations- you are literally making priceless memories and in my opinion, doing it very well.

Awwww... How precious
2330.gif

thanks everyone!

i flubbed this edit, gonna re-do it at some point

facebook post, forgive the quality

224212_10151005872617647_369266063_n.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back