Our baby girl is home! Newborn inside!

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Meet our first baby, Brynlee Faith born 8/7/12 at 1:59pm 6lb 5oz 17.5in!
happy.png
I have no words to explain the feeling of this experience, she is so sweet. Momma had a fairly easy labor suprisingly, pushed for LITERALLY 5 minutes. We were induced on Monday afternoon about 6pm, and her water broke at 4:15am the next morning, her contractions/pain didn't come in to about 5:00am and she decided to get an epidural later that morning. At about 12:30pm she was 6cm, and by 1:30 she was 9.5cm and baby was about ready to go. Nurses were in a straight panic because they sent the Dr off to the OR for another patient and we had to get an on call Dr from the office across the street to run over. 15 minutes later we had our precious girl! My wife did great, I'm so proud of her.

Ok please bear in mind I've never done this type of photography, and it's a new road for me. This was a super quick session, but I did what I could. So please, anything you see I can do to better them comment as neccessary. I seem to be having a hard time getting them tack sharp photos with my d7000, this is really bothering me. I'm not sure if it's just the 50/1.8 or what. I shoot manual, AS-S and single point/select focus point. Even using natural light like these pictures I kept the ISO up just so I wouldnt have to worry about SS/blur from my awkward stances due to the limited space where I was shooting. I know there are some things I did like chop off limbs and what not but I guess this comes with practice.

Some C&C i've recieved is make myself some more room and get back a little, a little higher f-stop for a little deeper DOF, and turn her so the light sort of falls across from the top and a slight angle down her body. Also get lower and more on eye level, and try just moving around her and getting different angles. C&C away

Anyways. Meet Brynlee!

7761313040_bbccc91863_b.jpg

7761222394_366b93245f_b.jpg

7761223160_3ce1904349_b.jpg

7761224380_143555f3f5_b.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!
She is super cute, and no matter whether you never did this kind of photography before or not: you DID do photography before, and it shows!

Congrats!

A wiseman told me that if you have a boy, you need to worry about 1 penis. If you have a girl, need to worry about 1000 penises :D

Congratulations! Cute shots!

Congrats!

A wiseman told me that if you have a boy, you need to worry about 1 penis. If you have a girl, need to worry about 1000 penises :D

I didn't know you knew Confucius! Cool! ;)

Congrats!

Oh dear ... don't you have three girls??? Which arrived all at once?
Oh, your worries!

Lmao schwetty...so that means you need to worry about 3000 penises?

Your baby is so sweet! Congrats! I love that last shot :)

thanks everyone! i'll have plenty more, hopefully ill get better!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Congrats!!!! I know the feeling. Mine is brand new too! I have a boy, but I also have a 7 year old girl. So I know exactly how you feel. Invest in a good shotgun, you'll need it. The pics are good.

You can bet that if you keep taking photos, you will get better.

Congratulations! Beautiful girl, beautiful images. But the second one, with the Mona Lisa smile is outrageous!

I took a photo a day of both of my kids. Take as many photos as you can. You won't be sorry. Congratulations. I am super happy for you.

ohhh she is so cute! Congrats!

Get use to that look in #4, you will be seeing something close to it every time to ask her to clean her room, tell her she doesn't need her own phone, can't spend the night at a friends' house or simply just open your mouth to talk to her from the age 8 on. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back