our first nighttime shots. c&c please

So grainy!!!! For night shots I always leave my iso at 100. ALWAYS!!!!!

These also need distortion corrections. You can do this with PS or if you want to get fancy get PTlens.

Not bad though. I kinda like them grainy.

we are shooting film. the film was 200 speed. i shot on bulb, and have no idea what settings the camera changed as it was so dark i couldnt read the lcd.

distortion correction? you mean because of the angled buildings? is that from using the 28mm end of my lense?

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. AND NAPTIME KNOCKS IT OUT OF THE PARK!
Damn son.....................
Excellent work. I mean that shyt is BEAUTIFUL.
I'm beside myself. Yes they are that good.

This is so good I had to post again.
From looking at the images, I find it hard to believe that this is the first time you did this.
I can tell it was a pretty long exposure from the stars starting to trail.

thanks for the comments. i really appreciate it.

yep first time. heck, i had three weeks to read and watch videos before the big day :)

i'm sure asia's will be better though because she has a better eye :D

she still has her roll over at her moms so we haven't gotten them developed yet.

Love number 2! Wish I had a city by the water close enough to me for this kinda stuff. All I have is a dried up lake lol.

Nice work! The only thing I'd do different is if you knew you were going to soot at night get a roll of ASA 50. You'll have to increase you'e exposure times, but it'll there wont be as much grain. Film is great for star trails! Give that a shot, you have the set-up. All you need is a dark place, no moon, clear skies, and warm clothes & hot coffee....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back