PhotoXopher
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- May 27, 2009
- Messages
- 3,472
- Reaction score
- 3
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
I see it more in the second two than the first... and to me it looks more like motion blur than out of focus.
I see it more in the second two than the first... and to me it looks more like motion blur than out of focus.
At F/9 depth of field shouldn't be an issue, should it?
At F/9 depth of field shouldn't be an issue, should it?
Interestingly, Nikon does not recommend turning off VR if the rig is mounted on a monopod, only if mounted rigidly on a tripod.I see it more in the second two than the first... and to me it looks more like motion blur than out of focus.
Yep.. I get that type of blur from using VR while propped. No auto-tripod mode on the 70-200 :thumbdown:
After saying that I went back and re-read your OP and saw you were using lenses with VR and had your camera propped on a fence. If you were shooting with VR on this is probably your problem. VR is there to reduce camera shake basically and if you have your camera steady the VR will actually cause camera shake. So turn it off and try again.
Interestingly, Nikon does not recommend turning off VR if the rig is mounted on a monopod, only if mounted rigidly on a tripod.I see it more in the second two than the first... and to me it looks more like motion blur than out of focus.
Yep.. I get that type of blur from using VR while propped. No auto-tripod mode on the 70-200 :thumbdown:
After saying that I went back and re-read your OP and saw you were using lenses with VR and had your camera propped on a fence. If you were shooting with VR on this is probably your problem. VR is there to reduce camera shake basically and if you have your camera steady the VR will actually cause camera shake. So turn it off and try again.
From the 18-200 lens users manual. It says the same thing for any Nikon lens that has VR
"• When the lens is mounted on a tripod, set the vibration reduction ON/OFF switch to OFF.using a monopod."
However, set the switch to ON when using a tripod without securing the tripod head, or when
Since this is a jpg and already sharpened my default action for RAW files still over sharpened a touch but you can see just a simple touch get rid of the softness. Definitely wouldn't call it an out of focus issue though.
Since this is a jpg and already sharpened my default action for RAW files still over sharpened a touch but you can see just a simple touch get rid of the softness. Definitely wouldn't call it an out of focus issue though.
I would listen to itznfb on the D90. As someone who has owned 4, he can tell you whether it's the camera or other factors.
Do you really want to make yourself look like an idiot again?
Do you really want to make yourself look like an idiot again?
I am sorry you took it the wrong way itznfb, but I am being 100% serious. :hug::
For someone who as owned 4 D90's, I think you are a perfect person to judge whether or not the camera has a flaw. Am I wrong in this assumption?