Out shooting with a friend & more...

robbie_vlad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, I went out with a friend from photo class to do some shooting and these were some of the results. I threw in a couple of the B&W's I did, hope that doesn't anger anyone too greatly. C&C wanted, so have some fun :).

5091767656_f47f38f82d_z.jpg

5091173215_797e8ac99f_z.jpg

5091195499_a7e31c9bc8_z.jpg

5079973990_5fd72e3807_z.jpg

B&W's:

5091765638_36419f9efe_z.jpg

5091198893_bba5430142_z.jpg

5091196793_f01c3b6c94_z.jpg

Eye of another friend/classmate:

5091163103_9d29f9ea58_z.jpg

Last edited:
Those are great. I really like the 2nd one, but it would be better if his feet weren't cut off at the bottom. I think #3 is my favorite. The depth of field really stands out.

I must ask though, how did you get that washed out, under-saturated look to the color pics? I love that effect. Did you do that in post processing or from the camera?

7 and 8 are great, i like the clear focal point on 7.

Those are great. I really like the 2nd one, but it would be better if his feet weren't cut off at the bottom. I think #3 is my favorite. The depth of field really stands out.

I must ask though, how did you get that washed out, under-saturated look to the color pics? I love that effect. Did you do that in post processing or from the camera?

Thanks, yea I was kind of pissed when I noticed the foot was cropped in #2.

I underexpose in-camera by 2/3 stops then in LR3 I play around with various tools until I get the look I want.

7 and 8 are great, i like the clear focal point on 7.

Thanks, 7 was fun to make haha.

Damn fine job all around IMO :thumbup:

I like #4 the best. It has a lot of character in the picture. It stands out. And I think #3 would look really cool in black and white.

Thanks for all the comments. #4 is one of my favorites as well, definitely has a lot of flavor. Keep it coming :)

Nice set of photos here! #1- his face is blown out on one side, which is slighty annoying... Other than that, these are very nicely done!

Yea, the hotspot on #1 is a bit annoying, but thanks for the comments!

#4 bothers me... Why such a cold tone? I never use it on people, it makes them appear dead.

#4 bothers me... Why such a cold tone? I never use it on people, it makes them appear dead.

Well how would you describe #4?
What emotion/feeling does it give you?
If you could make up a story that it fits into, what would it be?

Answer those for me and perhaps you will have answered your own question. If not, I'll try to clear things up :thumbup:.

It looks as if he's not enjoying that joint he's smoking nearly enough for it to be worthwhile.

It looks as if he's not enjoying that joint he's smoking nearly enough for it to be worthwhile.

Haha, fair try but that definitely wasn't the case. Perhaps I should have included some of our class buildings to try to convey the tired feeling that you get after 7 straight hours of class lol.

Most reactions

Back