Outdoor Concert

kittenbreath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tomorrow I am taking pictures of a friend on an outdoor stage. I'm pretty nervous about it and have asked a few questions about it on here before. Yesterday he mentioned that I could go on stage to take the pictures rather than just out front. I feel like if I did that the only picture I could get from that angle would be his back and the crowd in front of him. It could make for a good shot but the problem is is he will only onstage for two songs.So my first question is, should I stay out front or QUICKLY try to get shots from both locations?My second question is how well off would I be keeping my camera on the shutter priority setting? I don't think I can handle manual yet.Thanks in advance!

Unless it's a big stage and he's going to be performing well back so that you can stand in the wings and shoot toward his face, I think you're exactly right about staying out in front. If it's only two songs, I wouldn't try switching positions unless I KNEW I had a clear route (unlikely I'm guessing). Shutter priority should be fine as long as you can keep the shutter-speed high enough (remember the 1/focal-length rule of thumb).

200mm lens = 1/200 shutter speed. 100mm lens = 1/100 shutter speed. And so on.

Okay. Well I think I'm going to just use my 18-55mm kit lens

Most reactions

New Topics

Back