Outdoor Portrait

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I posted on here, so I'm glad to be back. I almost forgot how much great information is available on this site.

Anyway, I took this shot this past weekend and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything in this shot (lighting, framing, post processing, etc...).

As far as the specs of the shot, 1/250 at 7.1, ISO 100. Taken with a Canon 60d/70-200 F/4L lens with a speedlite 430 ex ii in manual mode (full power) camera right at 45 degrees bouncing the light off of an umbrella. It was taken about 1 hour before sunset with the sun setting over the subject's left shoulder. I used a Polaris flash meter so I think I got the exposure spot on.

One of the things I did in post was to lower the contrast a lot. It seems that the 60D is very contrasty and I don't really like that look. Did I overdo it? Is it just right?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

2wghflu.jpg

Thanks,
Danny

With so many vertical elements in the image, it's a shame you didn't turn your camera 90°.

Nice use of the backlighting and your OCF.

I think her pose is a bit too square to the camera.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback Kundalini. I didn't even consider doing that. I will remember next time!

Danny

Most reactions

Back