Outside reflector... C&C please

tmjjk

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$1 (1 of 1).jpgUsed a reflector... any c&c appreciated

Aww, cute! I think this is a great example of reflector use! I love it! The background seems a little blown out.

What can I do to prevent blowout? Smaller aperture? Lower exposure? Thanks

So cute! I love it!

It's not really too blown out. If anything the skin looks a bit flat/underexposed on my monitor.

Tell us what your settings were if you remember. The background doesn't look blown out to me, maybe just cause its so green? You can highlight and play with tones on the baby's skin or smooth it out a little. All in all it's not a bad picture! It's a baby! :)

iso 500
55mm
f8
1/80

Thanks for all of your input...

Well catching a baby at 1/80 - nice job! Like I said, nice shot..just maybe work on tones if you want, it's not like it's vital cause it's still a good shot. Love her little chubby arms! Haha

Thanks PhotoBrody... what settings would you recommend for shooting a baby/child in this setting on a sunny day? Thanks for your time... I truly appreciate the help. I feel I have the talent for composition... But I desperately need to learn the basics and go from there. The good shots I get seem to be a hit and miss... and I do NOT want to be the shoot, hope, and pray photographer.

tmjjk said:
Thanks PhotoBrody... what settings would you recommend for shooting a baby/child in this setting on a sunny day? Thanks for your time... I truly appreciate the help. I feel I have the talent for composition... But I desperately need to learn the basics and go from there. The good shots I get seem to be a hit and miss... and I do NOT want to be the shoot, hope, and pray photographer.

Well what you did worked! Ha. But most babies/small children move so quickly, speaking from experience from shooting my 2 year old. Outside on a day like this I would have my shutter around 800 or higher and iso around 100 along with an aperture to my liking for a nice background bokeh. Just remember faster shutter = less blur. Not sure what kind of cam you have but if you have a meter on it - that would be your best tool!

Canon XS... and I am checking into that metering thing lol.

You've a good even lighting situation which compliments the shot.

Most reactions

Back