Outside the Rainbow

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Markw, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Markw

Markw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey guys! I've started a new project and I thought I'd stop by and say hi to my old pals here! I think it's something you guys may find a little interesting. And here are some portraits from the project:

_DSC6988.jpg _DSC7101.jpg _DSC7065.jpg _DSC6887.jpg _DSC6679.jpg

Not photoshop trickery, just infrared. Nikon D800 720nm, home-made 48" ringlight, Nikon 80-200/2.8 AF-s

Best,
    Mark

Link has been edited pending Administrator approval.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2019
  2. DanOstergren

DanOstergren TPF Supporters Supporting Member

The page you have linked doesn't seem to be working. Same with the one in your signature.

Before commenting, I'd like to ask what is the intention and impact behind this project? Why infrared?

3. Markw

Markw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit

Alrighty, fixed the links, so they should work for you now. I've been working in infrared for years now, and it was specifically chosen for this project because the aim of the project is to develop a new perspective for the subject to be viewed from. Because IR light exists only outside of our visible spectrum, using this light strips the subject bare of everything we know of them (and ourselves) and forces the viewer to see them in a different light, literally. The goal is to offer a way to view the shared strain of humanity in each of us, while producing some kick-ass portraiture work. ;) Lots more info in the link.

Best,
    Mark