Outta mainstream toy camera photography.

Hey, that's one of my favorite sites. She's even got the special moments camera!

Gracious, such Lomo-bashing. :razz: What have they done wrong aside from having a clever ad campaign that sells their product? I was given one of the fisheye Lomos once; have run a few rolls through it and I can promise you, it does not "suck". Sure, it may be gimmicky, and overpriced gimmicky, at that. That doesn't make it "suck".

There are tons of those Lomo shots posted on their site that are whimsical and fun - and even better, it promotes film use. Sorry, I just can't work myself into a lather that they're doing anything inherently wrong here.

But, that's just my opinion, and admittedly, it ain't worth much. ;)

All these funky little cams are worth playing with - go have fun!

I think it's the hipster/trendy angle of Lomography that bugs people. Often I feel as if they are telling us... "this is the only way to make real art". Toy cameras are about fun and experimentation, not status. True, the action sampler, pop 9, fisheye, and other cameras are really fun, but perhaps they should have the stamp of Lomography taken off of them.

We were all having a good time bashing Lomo unti Terri came along with her positive attitude and .. modesty!!

They look like fun cameras, and I'd accept one if it were given to me (of course!) but I wouldn't shell out for one, when there are so many other fun, inexpensive plastic cams and vintage wonders out there to play with.

Toy cameras are about fun and experimentation, not status.

Exactly! Lomo offers the world name-brand toy cameras, and that, paired with the price and the hype, might turn some people off.

I actually found an action sampler on ebay for like $7.50 brand new. It was like $15 something with shipping. I don't think their cameras are worth more than $10. But this wasn't a bad deal...

I actually found an action sampler on ebay for like $7.50 brand new. It was like $15 something with shipping. I don't think their cameras are worth more than $10. But this wasn't a bad deal...

I think I found mine at a rummage sale for $1. It says something about free for subscribing to a magazine. Golf Digest I think. (I'd have to find it again) I shot a roll of film, it was fun, it's in storage. :lol:

For those of you who like Toy Cameras, or junk cameras, or just plain old cheap fun, and thinking of going digital. There was the JamCam which was actually pretty good for $29 worth of fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back