Over a Year since my last post!

weathers_pc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A year ago (more actually) I posted a link to some photos I had taken of my daughter who wanted to pursue modeling. At the time I found my photos to be really good LOL ... I received a lot of good C&C and did not walk away feeling defeated but rather empowered to go out and learn more! I've spent literally thousands of combined hours reading, researching, watching youtube and of course shooting! I know I am not there yet but am pleased with the progress I have made in my photography and have turned a minimal hobby into a full fledged passion! Thank You! Re my daughter River she has since signed with an agent and has done some print and commercial work! She is more into her hockey so this model/actress work will most likely be short lived but she is enjoying it for what it is!

Here is a recent shot of her (seeings how I have been getting so much attitude from her lately it seemed fitting that I post this shot) Setup: very edge of open shade at high noon on an extremely sunny day, I brought my reflector but did not use it as the large light stoned empty lot and white building directly in-front of and across from her acted as all the reflector I needed creating that intense glow in her eyes. I intended to shoot at 2.2 (as I found this to be my nifty fifty's sweet spot) but missed a click of the wheel so it was shot at F2 ... ISO 100 ... Exposure 1/1250

Thank you to all of you who offer helpful C&C! I appreciate it!

View attachment 32599

last time I checked there was no pro women's hockey league yet. maybe she should stick with modeling. Nice shot.

I remember you. Very nice progression!

last time I checked there was no pro women's hockey league yet. maybe she should stick with modeling. Nice shot.

I'm from Canada Eh? Hockey is pretty big here .. there are believe it or not a lot of scholarships to be had to universities for female players. I'm a realist there is probably more chances of a hockey scholarship positively influencing her life then a modeling or acting career. Thanks for the comment eh :)

I looked at the old thread. The image has gone but reading the C&C gives a good idea of the quality. You've come a long way! :) :thumbsup:

LOL!! I think I'm too scared to go back and look at the images I posted here when I first joined! :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back