What's new

Over Easy

Kazooie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
138
Location
Alaska
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_2190.jpg

I like it Thoughts?

Edit: That brown thing is bothering me. <_<
 
Last edited:
I wish I could make the image larger to see it better. The focus of the flower seems to vary, more than I'd expect at f/9. The brown thing isn't an issue for me. It's a nice image, but that huge green space leaves me expecting "something." And there is nothing else, which creates a fair amount of tension.
 
I wish I could make the image larger to see it better. The focus of the flower seems to vary, more than I'd expect at f/9. The brown thing isn't an issue for me. It's a nice image, but that huge green space leaves me expecting "something." And there is nothing else, which creates a fair amount of tension.
You can right-click to see it slightly larger. I have the full-size .tiff, but obviously I can't upload that. :(

I'm not sure what you mean by that, what's wrong with the focus? :huh:

Anyways, thanks. I like a lot of empty space, makes you think what else is there. :)
 
lol or better yet it makes you think "why?...why is it there?"
 
Negative space is cool and all, if it gives the photo some context. A car racing towards the empty space, a bird flying in that direction, etc. This flower is pointed towards it, which is good, but what is it pointed towards? It may be more interesting if you were to brighten the heck out of the opposite edge to give the flower something to point to. Flowers love the sun and so you could make it seem like the flower is pointed towards a sun off frame such as this really, really bad edit of mine (cloned out the reflective hightlights and the brown thingy, also sharpened it a tad):

7365237446_0885fac01b_c.jpg


Original for comparison:
IMG_2190.jpg
 
Last edited:
empty space in a photograph is one of those things that a small minority really like. This leads some people to flat out say it's 'wrong'. I don't agree that it's wrong by any means, but you should at least realize that you're in a distinct minority when you say you like purely empty space. If you're fine with that, then don't worry about it. If you're concerned with appealing to people generally with your photography, then you should consider it.
 
If liking empty space is wrong, then I don't want to be right!

the flower doesn't look very sharp to me...
 
Putting aside the empty space issue, since that seems to have been a deliberate choice, I think the focus is soft and it's underexposed.
 
That's funny. I'm the guy that chooses to make soft, noisy, under-exposed photos. One man's junk is another man's awesome photo.
 
I would look through my images and find one or take one of a bumble bee in flight and put that sucker in the negative space. :)
 
Edit: That brown thing is bothering me. <_<

Then take it out silly
:grumpy: I still have to learn how, I keep putting off cloning. It scares me. :confused:
I like a lot of empty space, makes you think what else is there. :)

No. No, it doesn't.
:( Oh well, I still like it.
lol or better yet it makes you think "why?...why is it there?"
:lol: I just like it! ;)
Negative space is cool and all, if it gives the photo some context. A car racing towards the empty space, a bird flying in that direction, etc. This flower is pointed towards it, which is good, but what is it pointed towards? It may be more interesting if you were to brighten the heck out of the opposite edge to give the flower something to point to. Flowers love the sun and so you could make it seem like the flower is pointed towards a sun off frame such as this really, really bad edit of mine (cloned out the reflective hightlights and the brown thingy, also sharpened it a tad):

7365237446_0885fac01b_c.jpg


Original for comparison:
IMG_2190.jpg
Dang, that was a nice re-edit! :drool:I pretty much just increase sharpness and up the contrast a tiny bit on all my pictures, and I never get those kinds of results!
empty space in a photograph is one of those things that a small minority really like. This leads some people to flat out say it's 'wrong'. I don't agree that it's wrong by any means, but you should at least realize that you're in a distinct minority when you say you like purely empty space. If you're fine with that, then don't worry about it. If you're concerned with appealing to people generally with your photography, then you should consider it.
Well, I guess I'm in that minority. :lol: I suppose I'd have to change my ways if I ever started selling prints, but I'm a long way from that!
If liking empty space is wrong, then I don't want to be right!

the flower doesn't look very sharp to me...
I think the problem was that I focused on the closest petal instead of the center of the flower, I didn't notice that until this morning though. :)
If soft photos are wrong, I don't want to be right...had to go there....
:lol:
Putting aside the empty space issue, since that seems to have been a deliberate choice, I think the focus is soft and it's underexposed.
Are you sure it's under exposed? :huh:

That's funny. I'm the guy that chooses to make soft, noisy, under-exposed photos. One man's junk is another man's awesome photo.
:lol: Not everyone likes everything! I for one can't stand nature landscapes. :er:
kazoo is so much fun.


This photo is titled




Empty Space
View attachment 11211
:lol: Loved it!
I would look through my images and find one or take one of a bumble bee in flight and put that sucker in the negative space. :)
That's actually a pretty good idea, thanks! :hugs:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom