What's new

Over/Under Piers

Seefutlung

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
62
Location
SoCal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Snaps from some LA County Piers

#1
264689399_PHcnK-L.jpg

Hermosa Beach Pier

#2
264689257_VXTk2-L.jpg

Manhattan Beach Pier

#3
264688181_sLP3x-L.jpg

Santa Monica Pier

Complete Galley is here:
http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/4496738_2PbKq#264689399

Gary
 
Beautiful shots. I love the shadows in that first one, with the big breaking waves off in the distance. And the third one really grabs me too, with the edge of each support glistening in the sun, and the water crashing through the tunnel of wood...love the exposure you chose to 'freeze' the water drops.
 
Great photos! 1 is my favorite of the 3. I love the shadows in it.
 
Beautiful shots. I love the shadows in that first one, with the big breaking waves off in the distance. And the third one really grabs me too, with the edge of each support glistening in the sun, and the water crashing through the tunnel of wood...love the exposure you chose to 'freeze' the water drops.

Thanks Antartican. It was a good day.

Gary
 
I really like #1. #3 is a decent 2nd for me......

Did you intentionally keep #1 off center?
 
I really like #1. #3 is a decent 2nd for me......

Did you intentionally keep #1 off center?

Yeah, maybe it should have been more off-center ... centering lost a lot of the shadows on the right.

Gary
 
Nice shots, especially the first one. I really like the twisting effect.
 
Nice shots, especially the first one. I really like the twisting effect.


Thanks Abraxas ... although I appreciate the desert ... the coast is what grips moi.

Gary
 
all very nice, wonderful light that day from the looks.....I too like the 'warp' effect in #1, it's like the offcentre perspective combined with the shadows provides a vortex like effect...the strong contrast in #2 also appeals very much in combination with the detail in the wet sand. The last shot is fantastic.
 
Number two is my most favourite one of that lot!

David
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom