- Joined
- Aug 15, 2013
- Messages
- 13,698
- Reaction score
- 3,373
- Location
- SE Michigan
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
practice, practice practice.
He is right.
There are no shortcuts.
In order to take good pictures, operating the camera must be second nature.
I can't tell you how many photos I took of just sitting in the living room just practicing and seeing the results of the
Aperture (depth of field and low light),
or shutter speed (light and movement),
or ISO (seeing when grain starts entering in various pictures and seeing how AUTO takes a picture in various situations to adjust shutter speed to what I want to capture a moving image),
WhiteBalance (sitting in the bathroom trying to get the white tub "white" when there are 2 different colors of light bulbs in there plus outside ambient light),
Exposure button (using for minute adjustments), etc.
After seeing the results of each individual change of each setting it all started making sense.
Now when I look at something I can actually dial in the settings fairly close BEFORE I even take a photo. And usually within a few photos I have the settings I want on everything. The practice has helped me immensely.
I don't know how many of the 11,000+ photos I've taken are all basically "testing" stuff but easily 3,000 of them. Not much anymore because I understand alot of things now. But I'm not an advanced ability by far.
just practice, practice practice