What's new

Overexposed and Washed Out?

pugnacious33

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
756
Reaction score
21
Location
MS Gulf Coast
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Maybe, but I like it. :)

gullsandterns11-133025.jpg
 
You've got a lot of water to the rhs of the boat. I think you could cut some of this out. I like the boat. Think this shot could make a very nice black and white.
daithi
 
Thanks. I set if off center on purpose, to make the motion of the boat seem to be moving into the frame.
 
I think you composed this quite well!
Reminds me of a photo my husband once created in a darkroom back when he was a student (and I still didn't know him). He deliberately only put the print into the developer for a very short time, so the result was that of a three-master (maybe the fact that his was a sailing ship and yours is a boat, too, is what makes me think of it now) then looked like nothing but a pencil sketch. Very interesting, and for quite some time I believed it was a pencil sketch, until he told me it was a photo!

By the way ... have you ever read this part of the Forum Guidelines (which hide behind the FAQs)?

*We have implemented guidelines restricting signature sizes and format. These guidelines not only help the forum pages load more quickly, but also keep signatures from competing for attention with the images contained in each post. Here are the guidelines:

• Any images used in signatures will be a MAXIMUM size of 468x60 pixels.
• No animated or flamboyant signatures are allowed.
• No political statements or links are allowed.
• Lengthy lists of camera gear should be put in your user profile, not in your signature.

Something tells me your signature exceeds the maximum height ...
OK, it is no longer my task to see to these things, but I've been thinking this about your signature "for ages", even when I was still moderator here (which only changed a couple of days ago).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom