Oystercatcher in flight

Not bad at all Pete. Bit central for my liking and I'd clone out the seaweed at 10 o'clock. That said, they ain't an easy bird to expose for nor to catch in flight and you have nailed both so yeah, well done.

Agreed, not bad at all. I took almost 500 shots of birds flying the other day only to review them on my monitor later and find I'd forgot to turn off my VR using the tripod. Every single pic came out fuzzy and worthless so feel good about this pic. :02.47-tranquillity:

That looks pretty nice to me. I'd be happy with it.

Not bad at all Pete. Bit central for my liking and I'd clone out the seaweed at 10 o'clock. That said, they ain't an easy bird to expose for nor to catch in flight and you have nailed both so yeah, well done.

Thanks mate, I'll take the composition under advisement. Good catch on the seaweed, I missed that but easily cloned out. This one is really where EC in manual mode came in really handy, got a few more shots of them pulling un lugworm from the beach and feeding which was great to see

Agreed, not bad at all. I took almost 500 shots of birds flying the other day only to review them on my monitor later and find I'd forgot to turn off my VR using the tripod. Every single pic came out fuzzy and worthless so feel good about this pic. :02.47-tranquillity:

Thanks Kirk, it was good to be able to do some birding, it's been a fair while since I've had a good oppertunity to get the long lens out. Unlucky with your shots and the VR, it happens to all of us though if that's any consilation!

That looks pretty nice to me. I'd be happy with it.

Thanks PJM, I'm lucky they were pretty close, I almost got sidetracked and missed the ferry back, but just made it in time, thanfully the people at Cal Mac are great and accomidating!

Most reactions

Back