P&S Rant

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Why of why does a point and shoot (well it is a bridge camera) that is sooo much "lesser" than my DSLR come with a live histogram :confused:- why does it get the ability to set exposure perfectly before the shutter is pressed?
Why oh why! :(

just got to keep my sanity with the fact that I at least, have not shutter lag...................................

If the sensor can see the image, then it's pretty simple to give you a histogram. Most DSLR cameras have an actual shutter, so the sensor doesn't 'see the light' until the shutter opens. That's the same reason why most P&S cameras can record video and most DSLRs can't.

All this is changing though. I think that DSLRs with live view, can in fact give you a live histogram and the new crop seem to be incorporating video as well.

P&S have histograms beacuse people who can't afford a dlsr still like to take good picures;). The only thing dlsrs have going for them is thier lenses

Don't under estimate p&s, mine has a histogram and RAW format and a 432mm Leica lens

noooooooooooooooooooo
actually I am already jealous of them - least I can bask in the understanding that I can print posters and most of them can't :)

now to get the lens, body, printer and computer to let me make a poster..........

The only thing dlsrs have going for them is thier lenses
Don't forget about the sensors...much bigger than 99.9% of digicams.

And speed. Not just shutter lag. My wife's aunt's friend (Bueller.... Bueller.... hehe) handed me her dSLR the other day. It was the first time I had a chance to play with a dSLR. I was amazed at how fast the thing was with the shutter and with focusing, and it was only a D40x. Unbelievably fast compared to my superzoom camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back