P900

ldrcvr

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does any one know when P900s will be ready available. I've been on the list at B H for a good while.

Does any one know when P900s will be ready available. I've been on the list at B H for a good while.

I thought they were released a while ago?

Good question. I was wanting one for a while. Gave up and got the P610
Supply seems to be nonexistent

83x zoom, OMG you can see a man on the moon :)

Low light performance of this camera must be horrible with such a slow lens and tiny sensor.

Low light performance of this camera must be horrible with such a slow lens and tiny sensor.
I looked at this when it first came out. The reviews on it were astounding though even at the 2,000mm equivalent FOV range. There's alot of good reviews out there considering it's a large Bridge camera Nikon P900 Review - Field Test

It's good in Low Light, comparatively. But it also apparently uses new VR technology which helps it.

Demand outstripped supply and they ramped up production .. supposedly.
Nikon apologizes for not being able to keep up with the Coolpix P900 demand | Nikon Rumors

I nearly bought one, but since it didn't save files in RAW I decided against it.

If you want one I'd look at other vendors not just B&H. Try Adorama, Best Buy, etc. You'll probably have to scour the internet to find a vendor with it in stock.

I looked at this when it first came out. The reviews on it were astounding though even at the 2,000mm equivalent FOV range. There's alot of good reviews out there considering it's a large Bridge camera Nikon P900 Review - Field Test

It's good in Low Light, comparatively. But it also apparently uses new VR technology which helps it.

Nikon apologizes for not being able to keep up with the Coolpix P900 demand | Nikon Rumors

I nearly bought one, but since it didn't save files in RAW I decided against it.
Hmmmm, interesting, I guess for those who need/want to get "up close and personal" then this is a rather good camera, not for me but to each his/her own.
Still interesting piece of technology.

Hmmmm, interesting, I guess for those who need/want to get "up close and personal" then this is a rather good camera, not for me but to each his/her own.
Or take pictures of things from a longer distance.
It is what it is. A Bridge camera with a big zoom on it. How many ppl with dSLRs want a large zoom like a 70-200/300 or up to 600?

It also does macro with a 1 cm close focusing distance though lots of edge distortion.
A good "all in one" camera. Not "great" but a good camera and perfect for those weekend sport moms/dads that don't want (or need) a large dslr.

Or take pictures of things from a longer distance.
It is what it is. A Bridge camera with a big zoom on it. How many ppl with dSLRs want a large zoom like a 70-200/300 or up to 600?

It also does macro with a 1 cm close focusing distance though lots of edge distortion.
A good "all in one" camera. Not "great" but a good camera and perfect for those weekend sport moms/dads that don't want (or need) a large dslr.
Yes, that's what bridge cameras are about, bringing a lot of options to the table, its good for casual "weekend photographer" who wants a lot of zoom.
Still I find these tiny sensors to be very limiting but of course I would like to see myself more then a "weekend shooter" :)

16 megaixel
1/2.3-inch type CMOS sensor

which is why it gets good zoom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back