"Paddling into the Sunset" | Bluff Point | Finally a Sunset Worth Sharing

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Met up with some local photographers I met on Instagram to shoot the sunset tonight at Bluff Point, and I'm glad we made the trip out. Upon arriving at the rocks, it was pretty weak. Hazy, minimal clouds, and no color. I shot around a bit (nothing worth keeping), then setup for the sunset about 35 minutes before. Thank heavens I did that, because just as the sunset was warming up these kayakers paddled through my composition, and I think, for me, they really make the shot. What do you think?

Nikon D800
Nikon 16-35 f4 VRII
HiTech 0.6GND Reverse GND Hard
Lee 0.3 GND Soft

Paddling into the Sunset by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

Last edited:
I agree, love when random people get in the scene and it actually improves it. Your horizon line is waaay off level though and it's really distracting. Other than that, love it

Absolutely, they make the shot!

I agree, love when random people get in the scene and it actually improves it. Your horizon line is waaay off level though and it's really distracting. Other than that, love it

Damnit. I didn't even check that... Something must be off with my built in level, as I leveled this perfectly in camera. I'll fix it! Haha.. Now it's gonna bug me..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

love the kayakers

well done, like the motion in the kayakers paddles. great capture

Fixed the horizon :)

Your level helps get the camera reasonably level, but you should still check on the computer. If your level has a tiny bubble, they are not going to be totally accurate.

Everyone already said what I was going to say! (Except for the leveling because I didn't see this until after you fixed it ;) )

Really nicely done! The motion blur is the icing on the cake.

Everyone already said what I was going to say! (Except for the leveling because I didn't see this until after you fixed it ;) )

Really nicely done! The motion blur is the icing on the cake.

Thanks for the kind words! [emoji5]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back