Paint and water

SkyscraperSunset

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.skyscrapersunset.com
What do you think?

01.jpg

(Canon 350D, Sigma 18-200mm (29-320 mm equiv on this camera) F3.5-5.6 lens, IS0 1600, 160 mm, 1/400 s @ F5.6, burst mode 3 fps)

The setup:
http://www.skyscrapersunset.com/host/050715/setup01.jpg

Great idea for a quadtych (if that's the right term!). I'm into lining things up, and the glasses aren't quite lined up. It's more noticeable in the last two as the shadow has that line in it. I'd be tempted to tweak the brightness/contrast ever so slightly to get a bit more cheerfulness into it - I thought it was "blood is thicker than water" at first! And whilst I'm here, the background could be a bit more lit up perhaps?

Good attempt though - hope you didn't get paint on yourself.

Rob

I like the effect, though to me it's somewhat lost by using a glass without straight sides. The ripple is more distracting than a clean line would be.

Thanks for your comments guys.

I was shooting as fast as I possibly could, so there wasn't much chance to stop the drips any more than they already were. But I could sharpen the edges and remove some of the blurs a little bit.

I do plan on reassembling the whole thing from the originals again, and I definitely need to get them all lined up, clean up the splatters in the background, and brighten the background a little bit.

Unfortunately that type was the best clear glass I had. Nothing without ridges, although I did consider using a wine glass.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back