Paint Shop Pro vs. Photoshop

caerlas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have to say that as far as brush tools go I prefer the sytem that Jasc's Paint Shop Pro uses. I find their customizeable brush settings to be extremely user friendly and quick compared to Adobe Photoshop. The ability to quickly set brush size,shape,texture,step,opacity, and scatter for both regular brushes and effect brushes is by far one of the best features of the program. I wish Adobe would follow suit. Personally I like Photoshop but I would change a lot of things.

Yeah this topic is one of those never ending ones but it's good food for thought. I have paintshop and photoshop as well as a few other programs for editing.

With the newest version of paintshop pro 8, i think they've bridged the gap quite a bit between the two programs. For the amateur or hopeful pro, I'd say paintshop is more than ample for most corrections. That and of course it's hellish cheaper.

What I'd like to see is some new company come out with something between paintshop and photoshop. There's a lot of room for improvement for both programs of course...

just some random thoughts...

You might be interested in knowing that Apple for a while has had a graphics suite ready to compete with Adobe for years but they aren't putting it out until they see what Adobe does. Adobe is pissed at Apple because Final Cut Pro (Video Editing Software) is stealing a lot of Adobe Premiere customers. Adobe has decided to pull Premiere from the Macintosh platform as a means of getting back at them. Personally I don't care cuz I like FCP way better. Anyhoo, if Adobe ever decides to pull Photoshop, etc. then Apple would still have a product that is supposedly just as well made if not better.

I use Photo shop, Paint shop, and gimp. If you never heard of gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program) It is a freely distributed piece of software suitable for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring
http://www.gimp.org/the_gimp_about.html

PSP (haven't used PS much) is ok but really lacking in the Text department. I've never been able to add text and have it print decently.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back