Paintball marker shoot a little C&C please

i could do it for the original pics, but i was just going to use the one unedited one

ok thanks man
I dont really have an editing program
other then some apps that i have on my ipad (like a simple photo shop and a few other small ones)
which is what the other two were edited with

ok here's a quick edit

tpfhelpgun1.jpg

edit: the colors were slightly distorted upon upload
the stock is now too yellow

do you want the better version?

If these are just for showing the gun on a paintball forum, why are you asking for critique on a photography forum?

This was the shots I had from the weekend of my markers (shot FOR my forum) and thought since I was throwing it up on paintball
forums why not post these in a photo forum for some critque and thoughts?
this is the begginers section right......

Brand new to photography, or brushing up on some of the basics? Don’t be shy! Talk to other beginners and ask all your basic photographic questions here. Show us some of the photos you have taken so far and get some review - so you can learn where there is room for improvement!

So I'm new.....looks like I should be here ,maybe not I am wrong?
and I now asked for critique which is what you gave me
and looking for what to improve on (which acording to your last post is alot)

is there a problem in that?

THere's not a problem with it, my point was that you replied to my critique of "what are you trying to get across here?" with "nothing, just showing the gun". That's not saying you're a beginner, that's saying you're not trying to do photography. It's a different criitque if these are trying to just show that you put wood on a marker than if you're actually trying to become a photographer. I didn't mean to say you suck or anything. Like I said, they're passable if they're jsut to show the gun, could be better but passable. If they're meant to be photography, that's an entirely different scenario.

ok here's a quick edit

tpfhelpgun1.jpg

edit: the colors were slightly distorted upon upload
the stock is now too yellow

do you want the better version?

that looks pretty good but i also agree the stock has a lighter yellow tinge to it and a lil bit of red on the back
but i do understand what your trying to say here

there was also a lot of compression artifacting on it

so any contrast or saturation editing brings that out more

plus i don't know how dark/red it naturally looks

Like I said, they're passable if they're jsut to show the gun, could be better but passable. If they're meant to be photography, that's an entirely different scenario.

and thats what this shoot was about (i just signed up here today and took these on the weekend FOR the forum as part of a contest)
to SHOW OFF my markers to the paintball forum (if you think these are....passable....then you should see the others on there! you would have a hayday or headache what ever comes first)
but I signed up here looking for help to get more into photography

Like I said, they're passable if they're just to show the gun, could be better but passable. If they're meant to be photography, that's an entirely different scenario.

and thats what this shoot was about (i just signed up here today and took these on the weekend FOR the forum as part of a contest)
to SHOW OFF my markers to the paintball forum (if you think these are....passable....then you should see the others on there! you would have a hayday or headache what ever comes first)

There's no problem with that, the point being that a big part of photography is composition. If you're just showing the gun, composition isn't really coming into play. Shoot some shots that are trying to get something (a feeling, a message, a story, an idea) across, then ask for comments, it will help you a lot more than us just giving you comments on generic pictures of guns.

there was also a lot of compression artifacting on it

so any contrast or saturation editing brings that out more

plus i don't know how dark/red it naturally looks

ya true
well the wood looks like this
when I first made it up

marksmen.jpg

Like I said, they're passable if they're just to show the gun, could be better but passable. If they're meant to be photography, that's an entirely different scenario.

There's no problem with that, the point being that a big part of photography is composition. If you're just showing the gun, composition isn't really coming into play. Shoot some shots that are trying to get something (a feeling, a message, a story, an idea) across, then ask for comments, it will help you a lot more than us just giving you comments on generic pictures of guns.

I will keep that in mind next time I do the shots
but seeing as my last audience is from a paintball backround and not a photography backround
is why my shots look like that and nothing more (other then patches, masks and other paintball related items), centered on the marker and nothing else as im not trying to incorpate anything else
I see now thats not what i am ment to do for photography and will try and do better later

Most reactions

New Topics

Back